MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Digby said:

One of the many soccer traditions that I hate is the special match printing thing. It looks silly every time! Especially in that upper chest spot!

I hate when both teams use the same design. Teams in the FA Cup tend to use their own designs rather than a default pattern. I also miss MLS having a MLS Cup Championship badge too.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Luckily there's the giant chest sponsors to draw attention away from it.

Strictly design speaking, looking at it like it’s a lo-fi wireframe — the big sponsor logo and the manufacturer and crest above it provide nice balance, that gets thrown off by tiny unreadable text in an unnatural place on the shirt.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Strictly design speaking, looking at it like it’s a lo-fi wireframe — the big sponsor logo and the manufacturer and crest above it provide nice balance, that gets thrown off by tiny unreadable text in an unnatural place on the shirt.

It feels like the only real reason they do it is to sell kits specialized for the final.

I don't necessarily have a problem with that because it's a cool thing to mark, but these come off as so lazy because there's no special emblem or anything, it's just font.

Like have the league-shield on the kits be gold or silver or something for the final, or on one side have the normal league badge and on the opposite side have an "MLS Cup Final" emblem or something to mark the occasion. At least then that would be a more classy looking nod for the achievement of making it there.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, hawk36 said:

I'm hoping the creators of this leak just forgot to finish coloring in the logo.

SSPink.jpg

I mean both iterations of that are fine, but tbh I prefer the OG just personally, I think the other one is a lot of pink but again, I'd take either.

spacer.png

12 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Well the original would be all outline, pink fill only on the SOUNDERS FC banner. 

51016.jpg

It would be exactly like this. That's their proper one color logo for dark backgrounds. 

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

They’ve gone against that twice, though:

ff_2363174alt2_full.jpg&w=600

973D1D908AF94A088220BCDAD8BA8548.jpeg

That's fair but its exactly against their guidelines to do so. Adidas has ghosted logos in the past so it doesn't surprise me. I'm just saying how it should be. 

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

Hoops for the Timbers?

Yep, Merritt has been hinting at a hooped primary shirt for 2019 since last January. Now we finally have a glimpse at what it will actually look like. Looks like there’ll be both gold and white trim, rather than just gold trim like on the current primary. I’ll start working on a mockup and post it here once I’m finished.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Here’s a couple different mockups of what the Timbers’ new primary kit could end up looking like:

sovr2OF.jpg

xayFqb7.jpg

From the teaser that MP posted yesterday, it’s clear that the shirt will have white cuffs with gold trim, and gold Adidas stripes down the sides, but it remains to be seen whether gold or white will be used for the Adidas and Alaska logos on the front and names/numbers on the back. Given the popularity of the outgoing green and gold primary kit, I’m suspecting that the logos and names/numbers will once again be gold. That would be my preference, as I think it’s a better and more distinctive look overall. Also, in my mockups I used the same collar as the one that’s on the leaked NYCFC home shirt for next season, as well as the leaked Chicago away shirt. In addition, I guessed on the shorts and socks, as well as the jocktag and back neck graphics on the shirt.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived