MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

6 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

One of the trends that I’m not a fan of is to reveal only the shirt. It’s called a kit for a reason. Show us the shorts and socks.

Agreed. You can see the shorts in the kit reveal illustration, but it would’ve been nice if they could’ve shown the actual shorts and socks. That said, here’s a mockup of what the full kit is likely to look like:

wWooeie.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't dislike NE. Their primary grew on me, especially on the pitch. I imagine this will do the same. The first out the gate is always subject, usually, to the most criticism, at least from what I've noticed. The new secondary isn't amazing, but I don't think it's bad. Just bland, but the same can be said of a large majority of MLS change/secondary kits. 

Looking forward to finding out who Seattle's new sponsor will be.

But, PLEASE, Saint Thorrington and Saint Bradley, show me what our new kit is going to be. I don't want to wait till the last possible minute for it.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It’s a change kit.  Stepping outside the regular color scheme is a feature, not a bug. 

I understand how change kits work, but that has never been New England's M.O. with these (nor has it been for many MLS teams). So this one's surprising to me. Their only previous attempt at breaking the regular color scheme was that red kit from 2015, and that wasn't really much of a departure and it had the obvious influence of the New England battle flag. I'm not seeing a clear reference here; I do wonder if there's anything to this and last year's home kit going in a more double-blue direction instead of the traditional navy and red.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 1/1/2019 at 9:13 AM, Gothamite said:

A jersey week is a great idea.  But why hold it in February, two months after the biggest shopping season on the calendar?

The NFL is hamstrung by its schedule, not wanting to announce new uniforms while the old ones are still playing.  But MLB does a great job of leveraging their off-season to unveil new looks before the holidays, and even the NBA has started to do that with their special alternates, dropping them right when people are looking to spend money.  

MLS is missing an opportunity here. 

Unfortunately, most clubs didn't get their kits yet from adidas. At Sporting we only have 5-10 tops right now, mostly because we asked for them early to start photoshoots. 

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

37 minutes ago, Saathoff said:

Unfortunately, most clubs didn't get their kits yet from adidas. At Sporting we only have 5-10 tops right now, mostly because we asked for them early to start photoshoots. 

But surely that's by choice.  If the clubs and league wanted them in stores before the holidays, they would.  Even if it meant moving up the entire process by a few months; they do it this way because they want to do it this way.

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

But surely that's by choice.  If the clubs and league wanted them in stores before the holidays, they would.  Even if it meant moving up the entire process by a few months; they do it this way because they want to do it this way.

Yet our club clearly does and still struggles to get anything. You're overestimating how much say we actually have.  

5 minutes ago, Saathoff said:

Yet our club clearly does and still struggles to get anything.

Why do you say that?  You got the advance shipment for photo shoots, which makes sense, what makes you think that the club wants the new shirts in stores before December?

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Why do you say that?  You got the advance shipment for photo shoots, which makes sense, what makes you think that the club wants the new shirts in stores before December?

adidas literally sent 5 tops which still have sample tags. They're simply not ready. It's still pulling teeth to even get that. The entire shipment comes in late January for every club. 

6 minutes ago, Saathoff said:

adidas literally sent 5 tops which still have sample tags. They're simply not ready. It's still pulling teeth to even get that. The entire shipment comes in late January for every club. 

I totally get that.  And I get why clubs would want to have more on hand for their own promotional purposes.  But that's not the retail schedule.

But what makes you think that the club wanted them in stores in December?

The Revs put out this article on their new secondary kit this morning:

https://www.revolutionsoccer.net/post/2019/01/02/new-year-new-kit-introducing-colonial-revs-2019-20-secondary

Stated in the article is that the shirt will be paired primarily with light blue shorts, but there are alternate navy shorts to be worn occasionally as well. The socks are apparently white (what they’re calling the color of the broad chest stripe) with navy and light blue trim. The article also confirms that the New England flag is on the back of the neck. Here’s an updated mockup of the full kit to reflect all of that info:

SQhr7ch.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

This change has been a long time coming. They’ve slowly been transitioning to the green and gold scheme over the last couple of years, so I’m glad to see them finally make it official. This also means that their official version of the MLS badge is likely changing to one of these options (the only difference between the two is the color of the text and stars):

aUobisZ.jpg

2VS67YX.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived