MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

2 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

In my perfect world, I would keep the design in the middle the same. I would remove the SC and move the Crew wordmark over to have it centralized.

I feel like that would look better but they'd probably have to widen it to keep from having a bunch of open space at the bottom of the badge. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly don't dislike the Crew rebrand.

I get and respect that the new ownership will want to do their spin, and I understand why fans would be eager to erase the Precourt saga from memory (although I'm probably not as strong an ally on that as some).

I just think it's a solid logo, and while the old logo was classic, it wasn't timeless, to me at least. In my own mind there is a difference. Great logos can begin to show their age, and the Crew was a perfect example of that. 

spacer.png

I’m mostly with you @WarriorFight. I think the rebrand was technically sound, if a little lifeless — some kind of bridging of eras is probably not strictly necessary except as a handshake to the local fanbase. (I did hate the “Crew SC” thing so good riddance to pretending that’s a thing.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 1/5/2019 at 9:29 AM, Brian in Boston said:

Robert and Jonathan Kraft's management of the New England Revolution has been marked by indifference for 23 seasons. While the Kraft family has been driven to establish the New England Patriots as a benchmark, best-practices organization within the National Football League (indeed, it can be argued, amongst all major professional sports franchises), they've been content with operating the Revolution with minimal effort... as an afterthought.

Put simply, the Revolution are nothing more than an entry in a ledger to Robert and Jonathan Kraft. The franchise is a means by which the Krafts maintain a share in Soccer United Marketing, stay on the radar as a potential host for high-profile international tournaments and matches (i.e. the World Cup, Gold Cup, country and club friendlies), fill dates on the Gillette Stadium event calendar during the Patriots' off-season, and drive foot-traffic to tenants within Patriot Place. 

Season after season, the New England Revolution payroll has been amongst the lowest in Major League Soccer. The team has, throughout its history, repeatedly failed to maintain a roster up to the league's minimum number of players. With the exception of the Jermaine Jones signing - a situation in which MLS leadership all but forced one of the league's least-ambitious teams to acquire a truly difference-making talent - Revolution designated players have been DPs in name only. Off-season efforts to add meaningful player talent has been slapdash, more often than not resulting in the squad failing to develop cohesiveness during training camp, and entering the season lacking the chemistry necessary to get off to a strong start. If the likes of Brian Bilello and Mike Burns are any indication, the primary qualification for holding down a front-office job with the Revolution seems to be toeing the Kraft-dictated line without so much as thinking of rocking the boat. Marketing... public relations... scouting... in area after area of operations, the New England Revolution have been run as a bare-bones, bargain-basement outfit. 

The Krafts' stewardship of the New England Patriots is born of passion and rooted in the experiences that Bob shared with his sons - Jonathan, Daniel, Josh, and David - as Pats' season ticket-holders for 20-plus seasons. By contrast, their investor-operator status with the New England Revolution is born of pure, profit-driven pragmatism. Plain and simple.

Bottom line? The Krafts are about as emotionally-invested in the Revolution as they are in Rand-Whitney and International Forest Products. Which is why the Revs' matches so often have all of the atmosphere of the interior of a cardboard box. 

The Revolution are probably their tax write-off. Right along with their lame excuse of Mac and Cheese

16 minutes ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

The Revolution are probably their tax write-off. Right along with their lame excuse of Mac and Cheese

Robert Kraft and The Kraft Group have nothing to do with Kraft Foods. Same name, but there’s no actual relationship between them.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Not to be one-track minded, but has anyone heard any rumors pertaining to LAFC's new duds for this year? I heard they were keeping the secondary as a white kit but has anyone heard about which strip they'll be replacing?

Dying for news about my boys.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Robert Kraft and The Kraft Group have nothing to do with Kraft Foods. Same name, but there’s no actual relationship between them.

I was today years old when I found out about this. 

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, NickSixers said:

I assume the maple leaf on the left sleeve is a placeholder for the sleeve ads that will begin next year? I wonder if we will see something other than the MLS shield on the left sleeve of all/many new kits this year or just this one.

I think it's something like the star on the Dallas kit from last year. But it is weird that they didn't place it as a jock tag le something like that. 

1 hour ago, NickSixers said:

I assume the maple leaf on the left sleeve is a placeholder for the sleeve ads that will begin next year? I wonder if we will see something other than the MLS shield on the left sleeve of all/many new kits this year or just this one.

Probably. I think we'll probably see a mix this year before everyone wears it in 2020.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived