MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s an updated mockup of what the full Whitecaps home kit could look like:

U7oCOgo.jpg

In the leaked photo it looked like the chest stripe continued onto the back of the shirt, but it remains to be seen exactly how that’ll work with the numbers.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they went with red numbers 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Jarred Revolver said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if they went with red numbers 

I really hope not. They did use red numbers during the 80’s, but I just feel like the red would clash a bit too much with this new kit. Sure there’s the red maple leaf on the left sleeve, but I still think red names and numbers would stick out like a sore thumb. The old NASL kits had red maple leafs on both sleeves, so the red numbers didn’t look quite as out of place. Plus, the red accents worked much better with the old royal/cyan color scheme than the current navy/light blue scheme.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just out of curiosity, here’s what the Whitecaps kit would look like with red names/numbers:

2CKcEHP.jpg

Even though the red numbers would be easier to see against the navy hoop, they look incredibly out of place IMO. I really doubt they’ll go this route.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

Would light blue name/numbers work? I feel like the name would be a bit tough to read from a distance but that’s not really the function of NOBs

Adidas doesn't normally continue a design on to the back but if they do they'd need to use red for legibility. Unless the add to the outside trim light blue nunbers would still be hard to see on a phone. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

Would light blue name/numbers work? I feel like the name would be a bit tough to read from a distance but that’s not really the function of NOBs

Not horrible, but not great either:

ZuiPhb5.jpg

Another way they could handle the back would be to have a break in the hoop for the numbers:

4Oclh0q.jpg

At that point they’d almost be better off not having the chest stripe extend to the back at all. In the leaked image it did kind of look like it extended to the back though, so this could be another possibility.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 1/12/2019 at 3:17 PM, upperV03 said:

Here’s an updated mockup of what the full Whitecaps home kit could look like:

U7oCOgo.jpg

In the leaked photo it looked like the chest stripe continued onto the back of the shirt, but it remains to be seen exactly how that’ll work with the numbers.

My prediction is the back stripe makes it too busy and it is dropped. 

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Yeah, I can see how the mock-up looks like that, but there have been so few instances of Adidas doing designs on the back in recent years.

Very true, and I won’t be shocked at all if the final product doesn’t have the hoop carried onto the back, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if the Whitecaps were able to get approval from the league and Adidas to have it on the back to maximize the throwback feel of the kit. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 hours ago, sicknick459 said:

Anyone have any info on the new Orlando City home kit? I haven't seen or heard anything?!

There are rumors floating around that it will have much more white than the previous/current kit, maybe even including white shorts. I don’t know if this is true or not (it probably isn’t, considering that the rumors last year were mainly about a white kit with red accents)

ExJworW.png

Dw51ywwWwAAm4uU?format=jpg&name=largeIt’s about time they stop using the full color Bimbo logo. The navy and white version still clashes with the gold accents on the home kit, but not nearly as bad as the full color version. Now if only they could scrap the white toothpaste shape too and either have just the text or the text with the lines above and below it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

It’s about time they stop using the full color Bimbo logo. The navy and white version still clashes with the gold accents on the home kit, but not nearly as bad as the full color version. Now if only they could scrap the white toothpaste shape too and either have just the text or the text with the lines above and below it.

I mean it's better but I still can't bring myself to buy a shirt that say BIMBO slapped on it. A shame because I really like where the Union's brand identity is right now

On 1/14/2019 at 7:37 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

There are rumors floating around that it will have much more white than the previous/current kit, maybe even including white shorts. I don’t know if this is true or not (it probably isn’t, considering that the rumors last year were mainly about a white kit with red accents)

Okay thanks, hoping we don't go with white shorts! However more white on the kit is welcome. Hope they add the new flag of Orlando on the kit like Portland do! Also hope they add a cool pattern to the background of the kit aka Adidas kits of the 90's or maybe lake/fountain pattern given link to the city.

23 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

I mean it's better but I still can't bring myself to buy a shirt that say BIMBO slapped on it. A shame because I really like where the Union's brand identity is right now

I still have the original home shirt without the sponsor. It's the only Union shirt I have. The sponsor logo looks better in just white and navy but not good enough for me to buy a shirt. Just like you said, it's a shame because I love the current identity too.

On 1/14/2019 at 2:30 PM, upperV03 said:
Dw51ywwWwAAm4uU?format=jpg&name=largeIt’s about time they stop using the full color Bimbo logo. The navy and white version still clashes with the gold accents on the home kit, but not nearly as bad as the full color version. Now if only they could scrap the white toothpaste shape too and either have just the text or the text with the lines above and below it.

2020 jersey leak:

763-1532336916.jpg

On 1/2/2019 at 12:36 PM, Gothamite said:

Dv7toCtW0AA5nK4.jpg:large

If you're going to include Inter Miami, it might be time to also add Austin FC.

The MLS site just added Austin's crest at the top:

zlBATNX.png

Still waiting on Nashville... do we know when they're expected to reveal their new crest?

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, I saw the Austin announcement yesterday.  We have both their crest and their MLS shield. 

20190115-165729-Dw_DT3NU0AEsXPa.jpg

I’ll try to add them today. 

No idea about Nashville, though. 

Feel bad for Austinites as they have to deal with this D bag of an owner. 

Archived