MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

Me be curious, and I know adidas soccer may have some influence in this based on some things I've read...but given the preponderance of white away kits (I can't even really  call them "change" kits anymore), might MLS in some way, in any way, be looking to push white "road kits" in the same manner as the NFL and (sometimes) NHL push white road jerseys? I could be off base but it just seems that way from my vantage point.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Buc said:

Me be curious, and I know adidas soccer may have some influence in this based on some things I've read...but given the preponderance of white away kits (I can't even really  call them "change" kits anymore), might MLS in some way, in any way, be looking to push white "road kits" in the same manner as the NFL and (sometimes) NHL push white road jerseys? I could be off base but it just seems that way from my vantage point.

That IS how it used to be in ye olden days, kind of. MLS following the "only change out of primary if there's a clash" seemed to pop up in the era of trying to be more like global leagues. Of course around this time there were many more colorful away kits -- Portland doing red for a while, the Colorado state flag years, New England going red for a spell, Toronto doing dark gray. So it's interesting that the pendulum seems to be swinging back in a more American tradition.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

29 minutes ago, insert name said:

Why is the NYC FC replica missing....everything? 

It looks much better than the original leaks for that reason! My only wish is that the collar matched the (perfect) cuffs. The replica version missing those kinda ruins the kit for me, those little bits of navy are needed.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Here’s a good look at the full Rapids secondary:

Dzx5GZuVYAAdSjC?format=jpg&name=large

If this had light blue accents instead of gray, as well as burgundy shorts, then this would actually be a pretty nice look. As is, though, it’s very underwhelming and a significant downgrade from their state flag kits. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

And here’s a good look at the full NYCFC primary kit:

DzyP2YPW0AU9I79?format=jpg&name=large

I wish they could’ve added a tiny bit of orange to either the shorts or socks. What would’ve been ideal is if they added the stripe pattern from the shirt to the socks. I also really hope they have white alternate shorts again, as I’m partial to the light blue/white/light blue combo.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

City looks tight.

CO incredibly disappointing. Based on that logo they tweeted out I was anticipating some white-and-black dopeness a-la Monchengladbach's 17-18 home kit. That, I would've been down for. As is I don't think it's bad, just very disappointing.

spacer.png

So the only teams that haven't released a kit for 2019 are:

Sounders (Coming on the 25th) (Away)

Houston (TBD, Home)

DC United (TBD, Away)

LAFC (Feb 24th, Away)

We've seen leaks/know info of 3 of these 4, otherwise DC United has been super quiet. Especially with the first games being about 14ish days away, it seems strange that most teams wouldn't want to get kits out way AHEAD of Opening Day.

8 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

I'm guessing it's similar to this one. 

SSZulily.jpg

The more I see the zuliliy on the Sounders shirt, the more I start to hate the look overall. I know it's about money/keeping local companies running, but Jesus  they should've stayed with XBOX or jumped to T-Mobile.

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

And here’s a good look at the full NYCFC primary kit:

DzyP2YPW0AU9I79?format=jpg&name=large

I wish they could’ve added a tiny bit of orange to either the shorts or socks. What would’ve been ideal is if they added the stripe pattern from the shirt to the socks. I also really hope they have white alternate shorts again, as I’m partial to the light blue/white/light blue combo.

Agreed on all counts, but that’s a gorgeous shirt.  Already bought one. 

27 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Agreed on all counts, but that’s a gorgeous shirt.  Already bought one. 

Really hoping they wear that jersey when they're hear in Minnesota for our home opener. NYCFC has one of my favorite looks on the field. Would hate for it to be Minnesota in white vs NYCFC in their dark alts.

We’ve reached critical levels of the white kit epidemic.

When you see them all lined up like this, it’s pretty damning.

I will give kudos to Chicago, LA Galaxy, and Vancouver for at least doing something with their designs. The rest are too generic and could do with a simple color swap and be any team’s kit.

kit-rules-gone-too-far-almost-all-mls-te

Someday we will tell tales of MLS’s “white period.”

Which overall all surprises me. For a league that has adopted European style club names as its aged, they have stayed away from kits of non-club colors for the most part. My dream is a DC United kit that takes inspiration from Congress like the Caps and Wizards did and produce a blue and bronze secondary. 

Archived