MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Nice overview post from Todo Sobre Camisetas showing all of this yearโ€™s jerseys, both the new 2019 releases and the carryovers from last year:

https://todosobrecamisetas.com/2019/02/jerseys-de-la-mls-2019/

ย 

Holy crap. After browsing through all of them, it made me realize that Minnesota arguablyย has one of the worst secondary kits in the league (FCC is only a 1 year placeholder, so I'm giving that stupidity there a pass). Thatย is depressing, especially when you consider the quality of the crest. How do you eff that up so much?

3 hours ago, Digby said:

ย 

Is the Revolutionโ€™s jock tag still an American flag? Which makes zero sense and clashes horrendously with their styled American flag badge a few inches away?

ย 

3 hours ago, hendocfc said:

Would appear so:

ย 

2019%20Kit%20Drops%20-%20NE%20-%20Jersey

ย 

This is so profoundly stupid.ย  Especially with the New England flag on the back.

ย 

ff_3415795-567897a4ece90d7ba3a2alt7_full.jpg&w=900

ย 

Why not use an American flag actually from the Revolutionary War period?ย  Or even close to it?

ย 

500px-Flag_of_the_United_States_(1777-17

ย 

Or the naval flag?

ย 

500px-Hopkinson_Flag.svg.png

ย 

I mean, this really shouldn't beย hard.ย 

ย 

I really hate to use the word "lazy" in design, but it seems to fit here.ย  Maybe grabbing a modern flag with an "eh, good enough" shrug of the shoulders is about perfect for the Revs' owners.

4 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

adidas are really milking that stripe graphic aren't they? Would have looked nicer,if you ask me,in a coral shade of orange/red. Would also evoke the "sunset" theme better.

When I see these things (and I have to write them myself too for my work) I read: "Blah, blah, blah, blah blah blah, blah blah". I'd say these explanationsย are made up after the fact 90% of the time.ย 

Bit of interesting MLS kit news on The Athletic today regarding the kit concepts that DC United turned down in favor of their new white secondaries.

ย 

Thingsย that immediately jump out to me:

1) ย  Name kits clearly a theme as all 3 concepts have a name/theme

2) Wonderingย if pink was a clear design trend adidas was pushing as one of then3 concepts features the shade.

3) Those wanting a DCU kit mirroring the Wizโ€™s marble features would have gotten it with the Strengthย concept.

4) Man I wish they went with the Tradition concept....

ย 

ย 

I pay for The Athletic so Iย took screengrabs of the concepts and posted on imgur. Links below. Happy to share.

ย 

Unity Concept:ย DKWLFrL_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Unityย Concept variants:ย I63RyTQ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

ย 

Tradition Concept:ย f5eCfAu_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

ย 

Strength Concept:ย fmpiev8_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

See what I mean by saying "pink is the new black"?

ย 

(This also proves that "inspiration" explanation Seattle gave about their new change kits is a bunch of bullc@rn---that set wasn't inspired by no sunset; pink is just a hot color in the sports merchandising cycle right now.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff.ย ๐Ÿ˜

|| dribbble || Behanceย ||

27 minutes ago, Buc said:

See what I mean by saying "pink is the new black"?

ย 

(This also proves that "inspiration" explanation Seattle gave about their new change kits is a bunch of bullc@rn---that set wasn't inspired by no sunset; pink is just a hot color in the sports merchandising cycle right now.)

Black was inspired by the dark nights in Seattle, when over half of our games are played.ย 

Archived