MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Knows it should be "should have" instead of "should of". Forgets comma before "too". 

(don't worry, purely joking lol)

I really need to start proofreading my posts aside from my tweets apparently, for :censored:'s sake

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

This is really interesting:

Since the article is behind a paywall, here are the other rejected ideas shown:

3mBkw4e.jpg

UGHujWo.jpg

D0WbWbPXgAEkway?format=jpg&name=medium

So my hopes of a secondary kit with marble graphics almost happened. Maybe someday. I like the cherry white blossom kit too, but I would have kept the cherry blossoms off the shirt sponsor and made the crest black/white. 

The downtown Sounders pro shop sold out of the authentic Nightfall pink shirt today.

I'm not sure if I'll take the plunge, though I'm awfully tempted.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So DC United had at least three kits options that would have been the best clash kits unveiled this year and went with one so boring it was one of the worst. That white with cherry blossoms kit would have been a must buy for me. Guess we’ll have to back off adidas if teams are so monumentally stupid. I really want to know the rationale behind this. Did they think that these other kits would be hard to sell? I can’t imagine anyone wanting to buy a plain white shirt with minimal gray detailing

07Giants.pngnyy.png

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Nice overview post from Todo Sobre Camisetas showing all of this year’s jerseys, both the new 2019 releases and the carryovers from last year:

https://todosobrecamisetas.com/2019/02/jerseys-de-la-mls-2019/

So EVERY. SINGLE. TEAM. in MLS has either a white, gray or black kit. Galaxy and NYRB (is red still the clash?) are the only ones with clash kits that aren’t white gray or black

07Giants.pngnyy.png

26 minutes ago, Digby said:

The gist I get is that the club turned down those kits, not Adidas. I think there's plenty of blame to go around re: the sorry state of current aesthetics.

I feel like (and obviously I have no way to know this) that adidas tried a bunch of things (as seen above) and kept getting the “no” from DC United so they just said “:censored: it....all white then?” And it worked 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

If so, I reallllly hope that Inter Miami is paying attention.

Seems to me Miami is the reason pink is so hot right now.

Thank the Heat for spearheading that one. (Or maybe one could thank my hometown Pensacola Blue Wahoos, who've had it since 2012. 😎)  Then the Marlins jumped in, Inter Miami debuted their pink identity (or was it the other way around?), and...just look at the landscape. Forward Madison: pink. Seattle: pink change. The rejected DCU change kits: pink. Who knows what other clubs adidas/the league pitched potential pink-laden change kits concepts to. And that's to say nothing of all the pink-clad clubs overseas.

So yeah, pink is definitely en vogue these days!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

22 minutes ago, zigbazah said:

Gorgeous colors. 

I’m biased, but I agree. :D 

I think they’re finding the perfect balance of those colors, which is just as important.  Mostly sky blue, with navy accents, and a touch of orange.  Perfect.

The orange is uniquely NYC, sets us apart from the rest of CFG. 

1 hour ago, mr.negative15 said:

I feel like (and obviously I have no way to know this) that adidas tried a bunch of things (as seen above) and kept getting the “no” from DC United so they just said “:censored: it....all white then?” And it worked 

The exact mix of blame is hard to tell. OTOH, who’s to blame for VAN and SKC getting nearly the same kit last year?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Digby said:

The gist I get is that the club turned down those kits, not Adidas. I think there's plenty of blame to go around re: the sorry state of current aesthetics.

Yup, it sounds like those designs were created and proposed internally by DCU themselves, and were then rejected by club higher-ups.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

56 minutes ago, Digby said:

The exact mix of blame is hard to tell. OTOH, who’s to blame for VAN and SKC getting nearly the same kit last year?

Oh for sure. I was mostly just trying to be funny. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived