MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

21 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Clearly wasn't paying attention when Cincy unveiled their white kits. Was surprised to see the numbers are black. Thought going with blue numbers would have been the move.

Because the white shirt is literally an off the shelf teamwear item, it comes with a black adidas logo and I’m guessing they decided to match everything to that, since it was going to be black regardless.

57 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Here’s a look at those red numbers. I like the color choice, especially given the historical aspect, but this is hard to read.

Needs a white outline at the very least, or to keep the stripe limited to only the front.

It’s a beautiful kit otherwise. I think it could be improved with red numbers on the shorts and a similar stripe on the socks but still gorgeous.

They needed a white outline on those numbers. No matter what color they could use they look horrible without something to break up the stripes.

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Phila should be wearing their primary kit. There's still no clash.

...and they were at home, so they should've been wearing their primary regardless.  

Even without the snow I think Colorado-Portland was probably the best looking game. Did anybody watch the Vancouver-Minnesota game? It looks like it would have been difficult to watch. 

5 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Even without the snow I think Colorado-Portland was probably the best looking game. 

Agreed. There was a great contrast of colors and a nice balance between Colorado’s dark/light vs. Portland’s light/dark. It was also the only matchup of the day with both teams in non-monochrome kits, which is always a plus. And then the snow really just topped it off and made it an all-around gorgeous looking game.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Digby said:

Dissent: I am annoyed that one team’s socks match the shorts, the other matches the shirt.

Yeah, I did find that slightly annoying as well. Colorado should’ve worn the burgundy socks IMO:

spacer.png

The Timbers also could’ve gone with the green socks from their new primaries, but the mismatch between the white Adidas stripes on the shorts and gold Adidas stripes on the socks would’ve really bugged my OCD.

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Even without the snow I think Colorado-Portland was probably the best looking game. Did anybody watch the Vancouver-Minnesota game? It looks like it would have been difficult to watch. 

Yep, I watched it. Honestly the red numbers take the kit from one of the best looking to one of the my least favorite. They were very distracting on television. Here are the highlights:

2 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Yep, I watched it. Honestly the red numbers take the kit from one of the best looking to one of the my least favorite. They were very distracting on television. Here are the highlights:

I was more concerned by the contrast between gray and white, but it looks like that was fine in the video even though it was a rather ugly looking game.

26 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

I was more concerned by the contrast between gray and white, but it looks like that was fine in the video even though it was a rather ugly looking game.

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, the new Loons' gray kit in 2018 was a much better shade of gray. Their 2017 gray was a bit too light. Really hoping 2020 is darker still, like their NASL kit was.

Atlanta's partial stripes are weird and as somebody else mentioned, makes it appear as if they are wearing a bib.  Should have the full stripes or none at all on the back.  Watching some highlights yesterday, I just happened to see Bournemouth AFC and they had similar kit with full stripes on the back.  Granted, the numbers on the back are white and not gold, so I don't know if the gold would be as legible.

spacer.png

Nobody seems to have a problem reading the advertiser’s logo on the front, so I doubt full stripes on the back would really be a problem. 

It would certainly be much more legible than LA’s gray  numbers on white or Vancouver’s red numbers on the blue stripe.  

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Nobody seems to have a problem reading the advertiser’s logo on the front, so I doubt full stripes on the back would really be a problem. 

It would certainly be much more legible than LA’s gray  numbers on white or Vancouver’s red numbers on the blue stripe.  

I'm still pretty convinced it must be a rule that they leave space blank on the back, despite the Vancouver jersey spitting in the face of that theory. All of the old FC Dallas hooped kits would go around the back and leave a block open on the back like the Waldo jerseys the US wore. SKC's striped jersey left the entire back blank, and the same goes for Montreal's primary jerseys.

I do wish Montreal and Atlanta could have the stripes continue on the back and just use white numbers and basically end up looking even more like bootleg versions of the Milan squads. There are much worse things you can look like you're ripping off.

7 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Blue numbers would have been worse than that even. They should've made a set of numbers with the white outline so that they don't get muddied up by the stripe.