MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

2 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The Parley jerseys, what is all that?  Is that just for fans to purchase or will they be worn on the field?  What is the significance, I don't know anything about this series.  

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/04/19/mls-adidas-join-forces-parley-ocean-eco-friendly-kits

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/04/20/mls-adidas-parley-2018

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The Parley jerseys, what is all that?  Is that just for fans to purchase or will they be worn on the field?  What is the significance, I don't know anything about this series.  

They’re worn on the field for one game. They’re made out of plastic they took from the ocean, I think, so it’s a cool concept - I just wish they wouldn’t standardize the designs.

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, Magic Dynasty said:

They’re worn on the field for one game. They’re made out of plastic they took from the ocean, I think, so it’s a cool concept - I just wish they wouldn’t standardize the designs.

I'd be happy if they made these as a third kit design instead of an across the board copy and paste design. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Here are all of the matchups from the past two days:

Friday:

spacer.png

Yesterday:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As previously mentioned, NYRB debuted the grey clash shorts and socks for their new kit. Montreal also debuted their new primary, and Dallas debuted navy alternate shorts for their new secondaries.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Just quickly looking through those photos...

- NYC needs more orange. There's already way too many light blue/dark blue teams in pro sports, let alone MLS, but a healthy dose of orange will really do much to sharpen that overall look.

- Speaking of orange, for some reason Houston's orange is appearing a bit on the dark side. Could be because of all the black trim...to me, a team named the "Dynamo" should perhaps look a little more, I dunno, dynamic? (Where's the space blue and white at??)

- Still on the topic of orange, I really hope FC Cincinnati pumps a healthy dose of orange into their next set of kits.

- The Philadelphia Union will not look "right" to me until they reclaim their broad center stripe and center-mount d crest. That was their "thing"; now they look just like Whoever FC.

- New York Gray Bulls???

- Colorado really seems to love the sky blue socks with the sky blue shorts...I don't really mind it so much whether they wear burgundy or sky. Their color scheme is one of the more unique ones in sports as it is.

- I only just now realized there are two black-and-royal blue teams in MLS. Didn't San Jose at one point used to incorporate a healthy amount of red into their black-&-blues? What happened to that?

- SKC...just, no. That idea just needs to be shot now.

- Those Whitecaps joints though...#FRESH

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

New training/pre-match shirt sponsor for the Timbers:

They actually announced the deal earlier in the week, but didn’t show an image of the logo on one of the training or pre-match shirts until now. Also, the Timbers will be wearing their new primaries for the first time in tonight’s game against the Galaxy. I’m excited to finally see them in action.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yesterday’s matchups:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I thought the Timbers’ new primary looked absolutely fantastic in action. Just a really sharp look overall, and now I’m excited to see the white shorts version later in the season. DCU also debuted their new secondary yesterday, which looked just as boring and lifeless as expected. And strangely enough, the shorts are actually a very light grey. Here’s a better look:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The DC uniforms bothered me so much. Gray shorts with black stripes, when there are no black stripes anywhere else. At the least they should've made the stripes white and it would've seemed to fit better with the jersey/socks. Instead it just made it look like the wore the wrong pair of shorts. Makes me happy that at least my Loons all white look is at least consistent visually (even though I still hate it).

I found myself thinking that the white on the Portland shirt was too much as I watched the game yesterday. I feel like if they switched the trim colours, so it was primarily gold with just a bit of white, it would look more cohesive.

Either that or the adidas stripes should be white.

Cincy will be wearing orange shorts and socks with their blue shirts for tomorrow’s Orange Out game:

Yeah... I’m not so sure about this. I think the white jerseys would’ve been a better choice to go with the orange shorts and socks, especially since these shorts and socks are just basic teamwear versions with white Adidas stripes.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

18 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Cincy will be wearing orange shorts and socks with their blue shirts for tomorrow’s Orange Out game:

Yeah... I’m not so sure about this. I think the white jerseys would’ve been a better choice to go with the orange shorts and socks, especially since these shorts and socks are just basic teamwear versions with white Adidas stripes.

The orange doesn’t even match the shade of orange on the shirt.

And this isn't an “Orange Out” if you’re in blue shirts. Houston Dynamo’s new primary is a complete Orange Out.

spacer.png

NYCdog.png

16 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

And this isn't an “Orange Out” if you’re in blue shirts. Houston Dynamo’s new primary is a complete Orange Out. Maybe this is a trial run for a new Orange clash kit next year?

The “Orange Out” is about the fans wearing orange, not the team literally wearing an all-orange kit. FCC has an Orange Out game every year where they try to get all of the fans to wear orange. Since they don’t currently have an orange kit, and the league wouldn’t have allowed them to come out with a special one-time only orange shirt for this game, the orange shorts and socks are their way of “contributing” to the Orange Out. And I would not take this as any sort of trial run for an Orange clash kit for next season (though that’s not to say that they won’t have an orange kit next year, or at least at some point in the future).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived