MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a mockup of how tomorrow’s FCC kit combo will look like:

spacer.png

If the stripes on the shirt were actual stripes (see ATL United, Minnesota, Barcelona, etc.) so the shirt was an alternating blue/orange stripe set, then the shorts & socks would work out. 

Also: If Nike made MLS kits, save for a few changes, this would be an excellent look for them.

spacer.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to see the Whitecaps and Sounders last week, those throwback kits the caps are wearing are completely ruined by the red numbers, its nearly impossible to make out who is who, and that terrible universal font the MLS clubs all use only worsens it.

FCC looks awesome with the orange shorts; they should be the permanent home look.

As we know, Adidas no longer supplies long-sleeve shirts. Players who want sleeves now need to wear a team-color undershirt. But on the point of the color, would players be allowed to wear contrasting undershirts? I ask because I bought the Nightfall Sounders shirt (pink and black) and a long-sleeve pink base layer to wear under it. I think the effect is pretty nice. Would the league allow others to follow suit?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

16 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

As we know, Adidas no longer supplies long-sleeve shirts. Players who want sleeves now need to wear a team-color undershirt. But on the point of the color, would players be allowed to wear contrasting undershirts? I ask because I bought the Nightfall Sounders shirt (pink and black) and a long-sleeve pink base layer to wear under it. I think the effect is pretty nice. Would the league allow others to follow suit?

The undershirts have to match the color of the sleeves, or at least the most dominant color of the sleeves (i.e. Atlanta players wearing black undershirts with the striped sleeves of their home shirts). And that’s also why RSL players wear navy undershirts with their home shirts rather than red, because the sleeves of the shirt are navy.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I figure there was a rule and I get why they have it... I just think contrast would look cool. Especially in the case of Cincinnati today; it would really reinforce the whole orange takeover idea.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Couple looks at Cincy’s kit combo today:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Honestly, it doesn’t look as bad as I thought it would, especially for what is likely just a one game thing. Having said that, with the shorts and socks not having any blue on them and instead having white adidas stripes, it is definitely still a pretty disjointed look overall. If they wear the orange shorts with the blue tops again this year, I’d much prefer they go with the regular blue socks to help balance out the look and tie in the shirt more. I think a blue/orange/blue primary kit combo does actually have a lot of potential for them in the future as long as all of the pieces are cohesive and there’s a better distribution of the blue and orange.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'd like Cincy's look a lot more with blue socks.

Also Minnesota needs to either adjust the shade of gray used for their socks so the match the rest of the kit, or switch to light blue socks. Seeing two different shades of dark gray bothers me visually.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

i really hate how at a quick glance, it looks like there were 4 black vs white games.

MLS feels so devoid of color and uniqueness as far as kits go.  it's sad especially when we see that graphic of the MLS colors and graphics how many unique color matchups there could be.

53 minutes ago, Pharos04 said:

i really hate how at a quick glance, it looks like there were 4 black vs white games.

MLS feels so devoid of color and uniqueness as far as kits go.  it's sad especially when we see that graphic of the MLS colors and graphics how many unique color matchups there could be.

Just look at the CPL. Use some new combos colorwise, especially with only 2 kits per team.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Count me in the group that loved the Orange shorts. Blue socks would've look better, but when it's orange out day I get why they wore the orange socks.

Are MLS teams allowed to mix and match like the NFL? I'd love to see the orange shorts with the white shirt and white socks on the road to infuse some color into that ultra plain set. I'd love to see them wear the orange socks with the blue shirt and shorts. That would look sharp. 

It seems like the league is pushing the white clash kits, but an orange clash shirt next season would be cool with me.  

PvO6ZWJ.png

51 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Count me in the group that loved the Orange shorts. Blue socks would've look better, but when it's orange out day I get why they wore the orange socks.

Are MLS teams allowed to mix and match like the NFL? I'd love to see the orange shorts with the white shirt and white socks on the road to infuse some color into that ultra plain set. I'd love to see them wear the orange socks with the blue shirt and shorts. That would look sharp. 

It seems like the league is pushing the white clash kits, but an orange clash shirt next season would be cool with me.  

It seems to me Cincy really favors the orange... why not do a primary orange top with blue shorts and orange (or even blue) socks? There's only one other MLS side sporting orange and the two shades differ enough to where I wouldn't see it causing a problem.)

And as for mixing and matching, from what I've seen just this season alone I'd say MLS has no issue at all with teams mixing and matching elements of their kits. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Cincinnati looked fantastic in blue/orange/orange.

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I really dislike that we have two blue and black teams yet they both insist on wearing all black with blue accents. At least this season. 

San Jose needs to fix their crap and go back to blue/black/blue.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

4 hours ago, Mockba said:

Cincinnati looked fantastic in blue/orange/orange.

San Jose needs to fix their crap and go back to blue/black/blue.

With red trim, too--and all-red change kits???

(Plz... pretty pretty plz...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 hours ago, Buc said:

With red trim, too--and all-red change kits???

Pass.

(Oh, and stop using 1974.  You were not founded in 1974.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived