WarriorFight

MLS Kits 2019

This year’s Parley jerseys were just officially released:

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yep.  And sold out in an hour. 

:censored:

No wonder I couldn’t find it. Every d*mn year...like, make more, d*mmit. Don’t they keep track of the sales?

2 hours ago, Paul Lucas said:

No wonder I couldn’t find it. Every d*mn year...like, make more, d*mmit. Don’t they keep track of the sales?

Try guilting them for not recycling enough plastic. Do they hate the earth and money? 

Minnesota is indeed wearing their white secondaries for their first game at their new stadium:

I was annoyed by that. Even more annoyed that NYCFC wore their secondaries, which look oddly like our primaries. Visually this game didn't feel right because of that.

Weird to open a stadium in a secondary kit. I don’t mind MLS teams wearing secondaries at home now and then, just to switch it up, but not for that occasion. Wonder if that was an intentional branding choice, or if they just felt the gray clashed with NYCFC’s blue and gray both?

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Weird to open a stadium in a secondary kit. I don’t mind MLS teams wearing secondaries at home now and then, just to switch it up, but not for that occasion. Wonder if that was an intentional branding choice, or if they just felt the gray clashed with NYCFC’s blue and gray both?

Probably fear of kit clashes. This is why they need third kits. 

58 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Probably fear of kit clashes. This is why they need third kits. 

This is not a kit clash at all IMO:

spacer.png

No reason this matchup from the preseason couldn’t have been repeated yesterday. I seem to recall a press release or something from when their secondary was unveiled that said they’d be wearing the new kit for their home opener, so it seems like it was definitely an intentional choice on their part.

It doesn’t seem defensible as a kit clash. Had to have been deliberate.

I know NYCFC maximizes the number of times they wear the clash kit.  I don’t know why Minnesota would want to wear theirs for the stadium opening, but they must have. 

I kinda get the sense that Minnesota isn’t super enamored with the middle grey they’ve used as their primary kit since moving to MLS. Like they identify more with the blue and white.

I see SKC and New England both wore aways at home, but those were just everyday games, not a special occasion.

12 minutes ago, Digby said:

I kinda get the sense that Minnesota isn’t super enamored with the middle grey they’ve used as their primary kit since moving to MLS. Like they identify more with the blue and white.

I see SKC and New England both wore aways at home, but those were just everyday games, not a special occasion.

Which is so weird, because they had the perfect grey in NASL. It's just so odd that for a team with one of the best logos, they have a very weak on-field look now in MLS. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

As usual: Give us back our wing.

16 hours ago, Mockba said:

As usual: Give us back our wing.

Yeah, at this point it’s on the Loons.  Other MLS clubs have managed to secure custom designs. 

42 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, at this point it’s on the Loons.  Other MLS clubs have managed to secure custom designs. 

Take this with a huge grain of salt, but someone on reddit (I think, I don't think it was here) was saying the reason they haven't is because they don't want Adidas to own the design and then re-use it with other teams, as Adidas tends to do. Not sure if that is true or not. Our 2020 primary kits better be something special if it doesn't include the wing. These white secondaries are terrible, because the pattern they put on them isn't visible.

On 4/15/2019 at 10:17 AM, PaleVermilion81 said:

Which is so weird, because they had the perfect grey in NASL. It's just so odd that for a team with one of the best logos, they have a very weak on-field look now in MLS. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have a better question: why hasn't MNUFC had a blue uniform yet?? Be it either primary or change...from what I've seen since they've been in MLS, and I think their last year in NASL it's been mostly charcoal gray/black and white. Or do they prefer to keep their light blue just to trim color?

Oh--and Philadelphia needs that broad center stripe and centered crest back on their kits yesterday...they just don't look like the Union without it.

53 minutes ago, Buc said:

I have a better question: why hasn't MNUFC had a blue uniform yet?? Be it either primary or change...from what I've seen since they've been in MLS, and I think their last year in NASL it's been mostly charcoal gray/black and white. Or do they prefer to keep their light blue just to trim color?

They had a blue uniform in the NASL, even their last year there. They did introduce a white third kit with a light blue sash, but it was only worn a few times (3 times if my memory is correct). I'm still not used to them wearing white in MLS, and it's why it really annoyed me at the home opener of a brand new soccer specific stadium that they went with a look their white kits. It didn't look like the Loons out there. They only way I can confirm it was the Loons is due to the amount of goals they let in...sigh...