WarriorFight

MLS Kits 2019

All those matchups look good except for Seattle’s unnecessary pink and black. Such a shame when green is kind of unique in the MLS 

On 4/25/2019 at 12:30 AM, upperV03 said:

The rest of tonight’s matchups:

spacer.png

Whoa whoa whoa--hold up, I done missed something.

When (and how) exactly did Wayne Rooney end up in MLS??

19 minutes ago, RedRenesis said:

Last summer after the Premier League wrapped up.

Just in time to lose in the first round of the MLS playoffs.

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Just in time to lose in the first round of the MLS playoffs.

But DC United was nowhere near being a playoff team before he got there.

Just now, Brandon9485 said:

But DC United was nowhere near being a playoff team before he got there.

Correct. He did more with less than LA Galaxy last year, too..

The Timbers will be wearing their new primary kits today for just the second time, this time with the white clash/alternate shorts. Really excited to see this kit combo in action.

Yesterday’s matchups:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Few notes:

- The Revs wore navy shorts with their current primary kits for the first time. These are new for this season, as they weren’t worn at all last season and they have the Adidas logo on the front like all of the other shorts for this year’s kits. When their new secondaries were unveiled it was mentioned that there would be navy alternate shorts, so chances are these are them and they can be worn with the primaries as well.

- The Red Bulls had their annual Autism Awareness match yesterday and wore these special shiny blue numbers:

spacer.png

spacer.png

- And as I mentioned yesterday, the Timbers debuted the white clash/alternate shorts for their new primary kit:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is an absolutely gorgeous look. After seeing both the all-green and green/white/green kit combos in action, I’ve definitely changed my mind to think that the latter is the better look overall. The white shorts help to balance everything out and tie in the white accents. As biased as I am, I’d say this might just be the single best look in the league. I’m still okay with the all-green being the first choice look, but I want to see a healthy dose of the white shorts as well.

That Portland kit is definitely the best in the league right now, and what a great matchup with Toronto. Sorry color blind fans but it does look fantastic. I also really like the NYCFC v Orlando match. Orlando’s purple are up there towards the top of the league imo. Also Colorado’s kit is great, the Red Blue Red balances fantastically 

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

That Portland kit is definitely the best in the league right now, and what a great matchup with Toronto. Sorry color blind fans but it does look fantastic. I also really like the NYCFC v Orlando match. Orlando’s purple are up there towards the top of the league imo. Also Colorado’s kit is great, the Red Blue Red balances fantastically 

I'm thinking that's why Portland went with white shorts.

If for no other way, white shorts v dark shorts. 

18 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

I'm thinking that's why Portland went with white shorts.

If for no other way, white shorts v dark shorts. 

Yep, I think you’re exactly right. 

Now that it's been demonstrated, are people going to agree with me in saying the new Portland kit is exponentially better with white shorts? Because I've thought so since they were revealed. The white accents on the shirt look out of place without the white shorts, and it just balances the look greatly.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:26 AM, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

vs:

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Now that it's been demonstrated, are people going to agree with me in saying the new Portland kit is exponentially better with white shorts? Because I've thought so since they were revealed. The white accents on the shirt look out of place without the white shorts, and it just balances the look greatly.

vs:

I definitely wouldn’t say “exponentially better”, as the all-green is a fantastic look in its own right IMO, but I do now think the white shorts make for a superior look overall. I don’t think the white accents on the shirt look out of place with the green shorts, especially since the socks have the white stripe on the calf to match the sleeve cuffs, but the white shorts do tie it all together a bit better. And like I said earlier, I’m fine with the all-green still being the first choice look, as I consider the all-green to be more of a “signature look” for them across all eras, but I do hope they wear the white shorts quite a bit. From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I’d say the all-green combo is a solid A, but the white shorts take it up to an A+.

Today’s matchups:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Once again the Loons wore their white secondaries at home. They’ve now played three games in their new stadium, wearing the white kits all three times. 

Also, and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this before, but Zlatan had a heat transferred captain’s armband in the Galaxy’s match against RSL:

spacer.png

Previously he’s worn an actual armband:

spacer.png

spacer.png

That was my favorite play all season.   Two amazing plays, actually: first the defense, and then a perfect pass.  

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Also, and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this before, but Zlatan had a heat transferred captain’s armband in the Galaxy’s match against RSL:

spacer.png

Previously he’s worn an actual armband:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don’t think I’ve ever seen captain’s armbands emblazoned with the captain’s name before.   Is that a thing? 

5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That was my favorite play all season.   Two amazing plays, actually: first the defense, and then a perfect pass.  

Yep.  Especially when you consider United's goalie was up for the corner.  That's the play when it became apparent to me that oh s*** this isn't just a vet collecting a check

Just now, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Yep.  Especially when you consider United's goalie was up for the corner.  That's the play when it became apparent to me that oh s*** this isn't just a vet collecting a check

Absolutely.   There was an empty net.  Rooney stopped a sure Orlando goal and turned it into a DC score.   Beautiful. 

The Loons make me sad. Where is that thread about your favorite team having a look you don't like? I may need some pointers on how to deal with this. I can't handle them wearing white at home, as they never did this in the NASL or MLS (other than the occasional match, but it definitely wasn't the norm). 

https://www.twincities.com/2019/04/28/minnesota-united-drops-captain-francisco-calvo-from-sundays-lineup/

"Minnesota wore its newer “secondary” white kits on Sunday, a look they have had in all three home games this year. After wearing gray shirts during their two years at TCF Bank Stadium, white will continue to be their primary look at home in 2019."