MLS Kits 2019

WarriorFight

18 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The Loons make me sad. Where is that thread about your favorite team having a look you don't like? I may need some pointers on how to deal with this. I can't handle them wearing white at home, as they never did this in the NASL or MLS (other than the occasional match, but it definitely wasn't the norm). 

https://www.twincities.com/2019/04/28/minnesota-united-drops-captain-francisco-calvo-from-sundays-lineup/

"Minnesota wore its newer “secondary” white kits on Sunday, a look they have had in all three home games this year. After wearing gray shirts during their two years at TCF Bank Stadium, white will continue to be their primary look at home in 2019."

I like the white jerseys a lot more than most people here (why? I just think it “works”, however subjective that may be), but it should not be the primaries. Grey is a unique look in MLS, and they’re throwing that all away for... all white.

Now watch as the brand new away for next year is all black. Minnesota will have gone from grey and light blue to white and black.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I like the white jerseys a lot more than most people here (why? I just think it “works”, however subjective that may be), but it should not be the primaries. Grey is a unique look in MLS, and they’re throwing that all away for... all white.

Now watch as the brand new away for next year is all black. Minnesota will have gone from grey and light blue to white and black.

They grey stripes look so generic, MNUFC and Adidas need to work out an agreement on a return of the wing. If my son's cheap Target jersey and my Allianz Field jacket can have a wing then the grey kit should be able to.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I'd be okay with black and then light blue stripes. It would actually match the "Minnesota Black & Blue" chant we do, and a lot of the fans we've gained since moving to MLS are asking for that. I have a feeling though that each year, whatever new kit Minnesota gets will be the primary home kit that year. Somebody on the Minnesota United reddit page was saying that he was told that by somebody within the team. 

Yesterday's matchups:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Few notes:

- NYRB/LAG was a nice looking red vs. blue matchup, although I wish the Red Bulls had worn white shorts. Also, for the second game in a row Zlatan had a customized, heat transferred captain’s armband:

spacer.png

- The Texas Derby was an interesting looking matchup with the Dynamo in all-orange and the visiting FCD electing to wear the navy alternate shorts from their new secondaries with their primary kits. The red/navy/navy combo actually isn’t too bad.

- As mentioned above, the Loons finally wore their gray primary kits at home rather than their white secondaries.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

It may just be the selection seen here, but I've decided I don't like all-white soccer kits. Not sure why, since I like them elsewhere (particularly in football), but the four here just seem uninspired and quite boring to look at.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 5/4/2019 at 12:14 PM, upperV03 said:

Last night’s matchup:

spacer.png

Nice looking game, but another instance where the Rapids really should’ve gone with the burgundy socks.

Awesome color scheme ... looks good with either pair of socks.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 4/29/2019 at 10:31 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

He's still damn good too

Phenomenal play ... it's nice for us D.C. United fans to have something to root for again.

47 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

It may just be the selection seen here, but I've decided I don't like all-white soccer kits. Not sure why, since I like them elsewhere (particularly in football), but the four here just seem uninspired and quite boring to look at.

If it were confined to one or two teams I could see it, but there's a white kit for nearly every team in the league.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Overall, MLS is a well dressed league. The good kits far outway the bad IMO.

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Final match of the weekend:

spacer.png

Look, I’m usually worse than most when it comes to color clashes.

But there is absolutely no way light blue clashes with black and red stripes enough that both teams have to wear the away kits. Like, if Montreal can wear black and blue vs light blue, there’s no way Atlanta can’t wear black and red vs light blue.

But what do I know?

ExJworW.png

36 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

But there is absolutely no way light blue clashes with black and red stripes enough that both teams have to wear the away kits. Like, if Montreal can wear black and blue vs light blue, there’s no way Atlanta can’t wear black and red vs light blue.

But what do I know?

Inter and AC Milan agree. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

But what do I know?

They said at the beginning of the broadcast that KC likes to wear black when they are playing in primetime. I think it's stupid that they did, as their primaries would've made a much more visually appealing game.

9 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

They said at the beginning of the broadcast that KC likes to wear black when they are playing in primetime. I think it's stupid that they did, as their primaries would've made a much more visually appealing game.

It was also their annual Retro Night, and they wore these black retro-inspired tops in pregame:

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived