WarriorFight

MLS Kits 2019

Yesterday’s matchups:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Really the only noteworthy thing was that the Red Bulls wore the grey alternate shorts from their grey kits with their red shirts and socks for the first time. They’ve now worn all-red, all-grey, red/white/red, and red/grey/red this season. Personally I’m not really a fan of the red/grey/red combo, as the red shirts don’t have any grey on them to tie in with the shorts. Red/white/red is a much better look.

I really loved this kit, I thought the asymmetrical look was super unique in a good way and looked great with the crest.

s-l300.jpg

On SKC: Maybe speculation on my part, but it seems that MLS has as a rule gone away from stripes/hoops/whatever that weird sleeve thing is where the colors are alternating light and dark, perhaps as part of the same abundance-of-color-clash caution idea that’s resulted in all the all-white secondary kits? (See also FC Dallas)

Really nice looking matchup tonight between the ‘Caps and Timbers:

spacer.png

Am I the only one that's been hoping Cincy breaks out the orange shorts or socks again this season? Just not together. I want to believe blue-blue-orange or blue-orange-blue would be visually satisfying.

Yesterday’s matchups:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Of note:

- Columbus wore their black secondaries at home, forcing LAFC to go with their white secondaries.

- The Revs wore these special camo numbers:

spacer.png

I’m surprisingly liking that Real SLC Jersey, only if Colorado had maroon socks, would’ve been a beautiful matchup, still nice though

Maybe I'm just thinking it, but I swear from highlight of LA/NYCFC that NYC was mono-sky blue. Either way it's a good match up.

11 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Maybe I'm just thinking it, but I swear from highlight of LA/NYCFC that NYC was mono-sky blue. Either way it's a good match up.

Nope, NYCFC was in the navy shorts:

On 5/10/2019 at 5:08 PM, Digby said:

On SKC: Maybe speculation on my part, but it seems that MLS has as a rule gone away from stripes/hoops/whatever that weird sleeve thing is where the colors are alternating light and dark, perhaps as part of the same abundance-of-color-clash caution idea that’s resulted in all the all-white secondary kits? (See also FC Dallas)

The league has certainly pushed away from light and dark combo's. It's why you'll likely never seen Sporting in hoops again even though it was a fan favorite. 

6 hours ago, Saathoff said:

The league has certainly pushed away from light and dark combo's. It's why you'll likely never seen Sporting in hoops again even though it was a fan favorite. 

While they're more of a Columbus thing, your profile picture has me thinking checkers could work for them as well. I'd still prefer hoops, though.

I don't see why a powder/navy hooped jersey (designated as the dark uniform) and an all-white jersey (designated as the light uniform) couldn't work. I can't think of any clash issues that lineup would cause. Although it could be a marketing thing - SKC wants black uniforms to sell, and they can't do that if their primaries are half navy.

16 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

While they're more of a Columbus thing, your profile picture has me thinking checkers could work for them as well. I'd still prefer hoops, though.

I don't see why a powder/navy hooped jersey (designated as the dark uniform) and an all-white jersey (designated as the light uniform) couldn't work. I can't think of any clash issues that lineup would cause. Although it could be a marketing thing - SKC wants black uniforms to sell, and they can't do that if their primaries are half navy.

Obviously, want the black to sell and it has based off the numbers we've gotten but it's not here to stay. You'll see a return to a more traditional Sporting "dark" kit next season. It's one of my favorites. Excited to get it released next year.  

Yesterday’s matchups:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Houston/Portland and Vancouver/Atlanta were two really nice matchups, especially the latter.

Houston vs. Portland is a ringing endorsement for monochrome kits, for me. An attractive, clean, simple-to-follow matchup on the pitch.

24 minutes ago, Digby said:

Houston vs. Portland is a ringing endorsement for monochrome kits, for me. An attractive, clean, simple-to-follow matchup on the pitch.

It was quite pleasant to watch. The Timbers could’ve gone with the white shorts, but I really liked the contrast between Houston’s all-orange and the Timbers’ all-green. 

Minnesota vs Columbus was a gorgeous matchup to see in person. Really looking forward to see Minnesota vs. Houston next Saturday. 

18 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Minnesota vs Columbus was a gorgeous matchup to see in person. Really looking forward to see Minnesota vs. Houston next Saturday. 

Won’t surprise me at all if that game ends up as an all-white vs. all-black matchup.