WarriorFight

MLS Kits 2019

Recommended Posts

On 11/10/2019 at 9:31 PM, vtgco said:

MLS used a new 25th season logo in a video thumbnail on Twitter today. I like the font, but the composition is kinda weird, IMO...

nY7XmEL.png

 

Well, two letters is not a great sample size, but at first glance I like the new one more. 

 

However, if MLS insists on ruining the simple split letters with an outline or dropshadow, it could become a downgrade really quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be concerned that the split-letter look just won't look good on a substantial number of jerseys. Nice thing about the current one is that it works across a wide variety of jersey styles, whether classic or modern or whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Digby said:

I'd be concerned that the split-letter look just won't look good on a substantial number of jerseys. Nice thing about the current one is that it works across a wide variety of jersey styles, whether classic or modern or whatever.

If the MLS teams are getting the same treatment as Euro 2020, I'd be worried too. Adidas went to a simpler, more legible font than 2018 but they remind me of the generic number soccer teams in the US use now.

 

DISREGARD: Apparently everyone is getting their own font this year.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/10/japan-2020-home-kit.html

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/11/5-reasons-that-make-adidas-2020-kits-bad.html

Though it looks like some teams are getting team specific fonts:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/11/adidas-germany-euro-2020-kit-font.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

If the MLS teams are getting the same treatment as Euro 2020, I'd be worried too. Adidas went to a simpler, more legible font than 2018 but they remind me of the generic number soccer teams in the US use now.

 

DISREGARD: Apparently everyone is getting their own font this year.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/10/japan-2020-home-kit.html

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/11/5-reasons-that-make-adidas-2020-kits-bad.html

Though it looks like some teams are getting team specific fonts:

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/11/adidas-germany-euro-2020-kit-font.html

 

It's a league decision not an Adidas decision 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

It's a league decision not an Adidas decision 

This league has a bad habit of buying into adidas' ideas though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 1:52 PM, dannykraft said:

That would be amazing, getting really tired of their current font

I like the current font sans the 'slits'. It's clean and works well with the new branding. 

 

The previous one was atrocious. The 1s and 7s were so bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

I like the current font sans the 'slits'. It's clean and works well with the new branding. 

 

The previous one was atrocious. The 1s and 7s were so bad. 


You got that right! 
spacer.png
 

I wish MLS would break from Euro a bit and let teams choose their own fonts. League-wide branding is very banal. It works with that gorgeous premier league font. It doesn’t with that craptastic La Liga font.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.