Bad Jersey Sightings

Brass

I have a Jimmy Clausen Panthers jersey I picked up at Goodwill for $7 a few years ago in the runup to their Superb Owl appearance. Now, I'm a Giants fan through and through, but I do like to see the local team do good as well, so I ended up getting it. It's embroidered, so I'm not sure if it's just a top of the line replica or game used. I don't think they'd sell a high dollar version of a backup quarterback's jersey, but I could be wrong. The also had a Tony Pike jersey that was the same, but didn't grab it at the time. I regret that choice every time I have to dig that Panthers jersey out to go to a party or something...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a lime green Seahawks Aaron Curry. I just liked the jerseys and wanted one and thought he was a can't miss, the Seahawks weren't really good at the time eitehr so other options were like an end of the road Hasselbeck (he didn't even play the game they wore them) or Houshmanzadeh. Well he missed alright. (It's too big on me too wear now anyway)

Also have a Vikings Bernard Berrian jersey. He was a big FA signing at the time and I got it for free.

Oh man,

I've owned

Kosar Dolphins Jersey (Gone)

Jeff George Vikings Jersey (Gone)

Neil ODonnell Jets Jersey (Still Have

Vinny Testaverde Ravens Jersey(Gone)

Jaquizz Green Bucs Jersey (Still Have)

Mike Piazza Marlins home and road (Still Have)

Mike Piazza Miami Hurricanes (Still Have)

Bernard Berrian Bears (Still Have)

Matt Stover 1995 Ravens (Still Have)
Ryan Leaf Chargers (Gone)

Matt Hassellback Largent Era (Gone)
Tim Couch Browns

I love those weird WTF Jerseys lol.

I know I have more but I gotta find em. I want a Fisherman Era Luongo 40 Jersey pretty bad lately. Oh and a Ricky Williams Ravens Jersey to finish my RunRickyRun Collection (Have all his saints and phins ones).

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

i have so, so many terrible mets jerseys. authentic ones, too. roberto alomar, mo vaughn, derek bell, kaz matsui (two of them). also, ridiculously dumb islanders jerseys (tim connolly, brad isbister). 

i'm not going to count ones that ended up being bad, (ike davis mets, two mark sanchez jets, five john tavares islanders) because there was strong rationale at the time

A friend of mine has a Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Dolphins jersey from when that situation was a thing, specifically because it was ridiculous.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

As a Razorback fan and native of Arkansas, I made myself a Cedric Cobbs Pats jersey to wear for Super Bowl XXXIX. The only problem was that he wasn't even active for the Super Bowl and would get only 3 more carries for the rest of his career. I sold it along with a lot of my other jerseys at a yard sale 8 years ago.

PatsJerseyCobbsFront.jpg PatsJerseyCobbs1.jpg

98Falcons.png

30 minutes ago, baymenxpac said:

i'm not going to count ones that ended up being bad, (ike davis mets, two mark sanchez jets, five john tavares islanders) because there was strong rationale at the time

Same. I have no regret for my Mark Sanchez and Matt Harvey jersey (though I’ll never find myself wearing them again). 

XM4KeeA.png

In the mid 2000s, I had a bit of a habit of going on ebay buying really attractive jerseys with lesser players so I could have the garment at a more affordable price.  OK, maybe not a habit, but I did it at least twice.  I have:

• Authentic white Vikings jersey with the UCLA stripes and logo on sleeve.  Wanted Cris Carter or Robert Smith but they remained very expensive.  I have Jeff George.  Also have a purple Randall Cunningham...his time is obviously better-remembered, but brief and a long time ago.
  • One of my all - time favorite jerseys is the slate-colored Seahawks jersey.  So I bought Shawn Springs after he left.
  • I have a game-worn Twins jersey I purchased at their tent sale last year.  Want a Joe Mauer?  Better stop eating for a while.  So I bought Josmil Pinto.  However, I purchased the throwback jersey specifically because they don't have last names on the back.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, OnWis97 said:

In the mid 2000s, I had a bit of a habit of going on ebay buying really attractive jerseys with lesser players so I could have the garment at a more affordable price.  OK, maybe not a habit, but I did it at least twice.  I have:

• Authentic white Vikings jersey with the UCLA stripes and logo on sleeve.  Wanted Cris Carter or Robert Smith but they remained very expensive.  I have Jeff George.  Also have a purple Randall Cunningham...his time is obviously better-remembered, but brief and a long time ago.
  • One of my all - time favorite jerseys is the slate-colored Seahawks jersey.  So I bought Shawn Springs after he left.
  • I have a game-worn Twins jersey I purchased at their tent sale last year.  Want a Joe Mauer?  Better stop eating for a while.  So I bought Josmil Pinto.  However, I purchased the throwback jersey specifically because they don't have last names on the back.

That was like my Ishikawa Giants ring ceremony jersey from Pg 1, it was $20 compared to $150-$250 for Posey or Bumgarner! When there is no name on the back, it can never really be outdated. 

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

On 11/7/2018 at 10:30 PM, ChicagoOakland said:

You sure about that one?

Thats what the jersey looks like. Maybe it's 1996. The Numbers look like the old style, Its a russell, and its got the flying bird on the sleeve. Wish they could use that logo it's glorious!

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Archived