Sign in to follow this  
Brass

Bad Jersey Sightings

Recommended Posts

I don't know if this counts but the most expensive jersey I have ever bought is an authentic "Black Jays" Blue Jays black alternate jersey that I got customized with my last name on the back because even though I know it was basically the worst look that team has ever had I always loved that color combination on a personal level and I swore I'd rock that jersey forever... well I think I only wore it once.

 

It looks beautiful in my closet but man what a waste of money.

Image result for blue jays black jerseys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tubby34 said:

2j5mi46.jpg

We were only saying that a 1995 Ravens jersey is impossible because the franchise was still in Cleveland and were still named the Browns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ElwoodCuse said:

I knew a guy who had a Champion replica Rae Carruth jersey

I actually like going to a game and seeing older jerseys of non-star players.  I think my Jeff George Vikings jersey fits in at a game (which is why I've worn it in public twice).  Jerseys of good, not great, older players are great to spot at games.

 

That said, no freakin' way anyone in their right mind should bust this one out in public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only did I once see a guy in a John Rocker jersey, but it was also on a New York City subway. True story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ What irony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 9:05 AM, SilverBullet1929 said:

I don't know if this counts but the most expensive jersey I have ever bought is an authentic "Black Jays" Blue Jays black alternate jersey that I got customized with my last name on the back because even though I know it was basically the worst look that team has ever had I always loved that color combination on a personal level and I swore I'd rock that jersey forever... well I think I only wore it once.

 

It looks beautiful in my closet but man what a waste of money.

Image result for blue jays black jerseys

I still wear my graphite cap from this set.  It's a beaut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guilty. Own a Derek Anderson  Cleveland Browns jersey. Yeah. It was nice to have the #3 jersey again for the Brandon Weeden Era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have this strange Frankenstein of a basketball/football jersey I scored on Spring Break in Honolulu 10 years ago:

 

zkiLtBU.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the hell did I miss this thread?  Oh well, given it aint been locked, back in my teenage years, Eagles jerseys were a relatively common sight at my high school, as our teams are the Eagles too (nowhere near Philly, I might add).  I decided to get one as well....unfortunately, the only player they had in my size was Bobby Hoying.

Given that I haven't really added to the few jerseys I do have, I figure the only Straight Cash worthy jerseys I've had other than that were an Edgar Bennett green that I bought at Value Village and a David Carr authentic white that I got as a gift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 1:20 AM, ElwoodCuse said:

I knew a guy who had a Champion replica Rae Carruth jersey

Lock the thread, moderators.  We have a winner!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a cardinals fan, I wanted something different than the OCEAN of Larry fitz jerseys you normally see. So I got a Daryl Washington jersey, a promising young LB. After he was suspended first for domestic abuse, and then twice for banned substances before getting kicked off the team, I decided to get a Calais camble jersey. A year or two after I got it, he was traded to the jaguars. When that happened, I got a tyrann Matthieu jersey. A year or two after that, he was signed by the Texans. I don’t know what kind of bad juju I’m bringing with these jerseys, but I’ve been afraid to buy a cardinals jersey since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

Being a cardinals fan, I wanted something different than the OCEAN of Larry fitz jerseys you normally see. So I got a Daryl Washington jersey, a promising young LB. After he was suspended first for domestic abuse, and then twice for banned substances before getting kicked off the team, I decided to get a Calais camble jersey. A year or two after I got it, he was traded to the jaguars. When that happened, I got a tyrann Matthieu jersey. A year or two after that, he was signed by the Texans. I don’t know what kind of bad juju I’m bringing with these jerseys, but I’ve been afraid to buy a cardinals jersey since.

 

You can call the first one bad juju, but the other two?  That's just modern sports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 9:05 AM, SilverBullet1929 said:

I don't know if this counts but the most expensive jersey I have ever bought is an authentic "Black Jays" Blue Jays black alternate jersey that I got customized with my last name on the back because even though I know it was basically the worst look that team has ever had I always loved that color combination on a personal level and I swore I'd rock that jersey forever... well I think I only wore it once.

 

It looks beautiful in my closet but man what a waste of money.

Image result for blue jays black jerseys

I still maintain that the "Graphite Jays" era was a tragic misuse of good design elements thrown together in the least appealing way possible. That shade of blue they used back then looked amazing on the actual caps and uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a proud owner of a Messier Canucks, Redden Senators, and Yashin Islanders.

 

They were cheap, and I think they're amazing sweaters to wear for fashion purposes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own a RWB Jim Carey Caps jersey.

 

Shortly before his passing I bought a Demitra green script Reebok Wild jersey dirt cheap BNWT to strip the name from, after his death I couldn't bring myself to remove his name & pretty much throw it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 1:52 PM, Green27 said:

Like the idea I own an SF Giants Ishikawa jersey (Gold ring ceremony edition from 2015) because it was on sale at the park for $20. 

 

dae752c6838e9306a62b72591dc90215.png

 

Also growing up a Sacramento Kings fan, I made some fantastic (read terrible) jersey choices. I've owned jerseys of Omri Casspi, Jon Brockman, Kevin Martin, etc 

I honestly don't see what is bad about this jersey. Unless there's some subtext I'm not getting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2018 at 1:46 PM, Green27 said:

That was like my Ishikawa Giants ring ceremony jersey from Pg 1, it was $20 compared to $150-$250 for Posey or Bumgarner! When there is no name on the back, it can never really be outdated. 

On the other hand, I see lots of cheap Yankees jerseys with NOB. I assume people buying them know they're fake, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Quillz said:

On the other hand, I see lots of cheap Yankees jerseys with NOB. I assume people buying them know they're fake, right?

Not fake, the team sells them. Just not “on field”.spacer.png

(this one is on fanatics right now)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, charger77 said:

Shortly before his passing I bought a Demitra green script Reebok Wild jersey dirt cheap BNWT to strip the name from, after his death I couldn't bring myself to remove his name & pretty much throw it out. 

 

I had to Google him because I didn't know he died - I had no idea he was part of that KHL crash! How sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this