Bad Jersey Sightings

Brass

I don't know if this counts but the most expensive jersey I have ever bought is an authentic "Black Jays" Blue Jays black alternate jersey that I got customized with my last name on the back because even though I know it was basically the worst look that team has ever had I always loved that color combination on a personal level and I swore I'd rock that jersey forever... well I think I only wore it once.

It looks beautiful in my closet but man what a waste of money.

Image result for blue jays black jerseys

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ElwoodCuse said:

I knew a guy who had a Champion replica Rae Carruth jersey

I actually like going to a game and seeing older jerseys of non-star players.  I think my Jeff George Vikings jersey fits in at a game (which is why I've worn it in public twice).  Jerseys of good, not great, older players are great to spot at games.

That said, no freakin' way anyone in their right mind should bust this one out in public.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 11/9/2018 at 9:05 AM, SilverBullet1929 said:

I don't know if this counts but the most expensive jersey I have ever bought is an authentic "Black Jays" Blue Jays black alternate jersey that I got customized with my last name on the back because even though I know it was basically the worst look that team has ever had I always loved that color combination on a personal level and I swore I'd rock that jersey forever... well I think I only wore it once.

I still wear my graphite cap from this set.  It's a beaut. 

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

• 8 months later...

How the hell did I miss this thread?  Oh well, given it aint been locked, back in my teenage years, Eagles jerseys were a relatively common sight at my high school, as our teams are the Eagles too (nowhere near Philly, I might add).  I decided to get one as well....unfortunately, the only player they had in my size was Bobby Hoying.

Given that I haven't really added to the few jerseys I do have, I figure the only Straight Cash worthy jerseys I've had other than that were an Edgar Bennett green that I bought at Value Village and a David Carr authentic white that I got as a gift.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Being a cardinals fan, I wanted something different than the OCEAN of Larry fitz jerseys you normally see. So I got a Daryl Washington jersey, a promising young LB. After he was suspended first for domestic abuse, and then twice for banned substances before getting kicked off the team, I decided to get a Calais camble jersey. A year or two after I got it, he was traded to the jaguars. When that happened, I got a tyrann Matthieu jersey. A year or two after that, he was signed by the Texans. I don’t know what kind of bad juju I’m bringing with these jerseys, but I’ve been afraid to buy a cardinals jersey since.

44 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

Being a cardinals fan, I wanted something different than the OCEAN of Larry fitz jerseys you normally see. So I got a Daryl Washington jersey, a promising young LB. After he was suspended first for domestic abuse, and then twice for banned substances before getting kicked off the team, I decided to get a Calais camble jersey. A year or two after I got it, he was traded to the jaguars. When that happened, I got a tyrann Matthieu jersey. A year or two after that, he was signed by the Texans. I don’t know what kind of bad juju I’m bringing with these jerseys, but I’ve been afraid to buy a cardinals jersey since.

You can call the first one bad juju, but the other two?  That's just modern sports.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:05 AM, SilverBullet1929 said:

I still maintain that the "Graphite Jays" era was a tragic misuse of good design elements thrown together in the least appealing way possible. That shade of blue they used back then looked amazing on the actual caps and uniforms.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm a proud owner of a Messier Canucks, Redden Senators, and Yashin Islanders.

They were cheap, and I think they're amazing sweaters to wear for fashion purposes.

I own a RWB Jim Carey Caps jersey.

Shortly before his passing I bought a Demitra green script Reebok Wild jersey dirt cheap BNWT to strip the name from, after his death I couldn't bring myself to remove his name & pretty much throw it out. 

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

On 11/5/2018 at 1:52 PM, Green27 said:

Like the idea I own an SF Giants Ishikawa jersey (Gold ring ceremony edition from 2015) because it was on sale at the park for $20. 

dae752c6838e9306a62b72591dc90215.png

Also growing up a Sacramento Kings fan, I made some fantastic (read terrible) jersey choices. I've owned jerseys of Omri Casspi, Jon Brockman, Kevin Martin, etc 

I honestly don't see what is bad about this jersey. Unless there's some subtext I'm not getting.

On 11/8/2018 at 1:46 PM, Green27 said:

That was like my Ishikawa Giants ring ceremony jersey from Pg 1, it was $20 compared to $150-$250 for Posey or Bumgarner! When there is no name on the back, it can never really be outdated. 

On the other hand, I see lots of cheap Yankees jerseys with NOB. I assume people buying them know they're fake, right?

3 hours ago, Quillz said:

On the other hand, I see lots of cheap Yankees jerseys with NOB. I assume people buying them know they're fake, right?

Not fake, the team sells them. Just not “on field”.spacer.png

(this one is on fanatics right now)

Excellent!

17 hours ago, charger77 said:

Shortly before his passing I bought a Demitra green script Reebok Wild jersey dirt cheap BNWT to strip the name from, after his death I couldn't bring myself to remove his name & pretty much throw it out. 

I had to Google him because I didn't know he died - I had no idea he was part of that KHL crash! How sad.

Archived