WNBA's Chicago Sky unveil new logo

TaylorMade

The standalone Sears Tower works a lot better on the secondary than it does on the primary. I like the secondary quite a bit. It feels like all the elements on the primary don't quite go together.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Not crazy about the way the Sears Tower is represented but the overall idea is solid and a vast improvement over their old logo.

Good to see the WNBA teams have somewhat professional logos (though most of the names are still dumb); hopefully the Mercury and Dream are next.

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Hopefully that primary is what they put on the chest.

Unfortunately, the Sky have gone not only with the sponsor across the chest, but also a secondary sponsor below the shoulder, where other sponsored teams typically put their badge-style logo. With that and Nike using the most generic possible template for every WNBA team, the jersey has no team-specific features, save for the colors.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

12 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Unfortunately, the Sky have gone not only with the sponsor across the chest, but also a secondary sponsor below the shoulder, where other sponsored teams typically put their badge-style logo. With that and Nike using the most generic possible template for every WNBA team, the jersey has no team-specific features, save for the colors.

I almost wish they'd do ads like the CFL. That and giving each team their own look would help a lot. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, the admiral said:

The Sears Tower doesn't look right with a symmetrical rendering. It's a 3x3 of towers of varying heights, no good way to divide by two there.

That's what feels off. I couldn't put my finger on it. And I'm with Sodboy's point- that Sears Tower on its own lacks something in the primary. The old logo at least worked in a couple other recognizable buildings

Archived