infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL 2018 Week 9

infrared41

Are we really at the halfway point of the season already? Time flies and all that. It was another less than stellar week for uniform match ups. A few good looking teams were on their bye week and we had a few teams that decided to ruin potentially good match ups by wearing something stupid. That said, we still managed to get some good looking games and only one game that was bad enough to make the worst list. This week, I'm splitting the best list into two categories - Best and "Not the worst match up..." As always, the lists are just my opinion. Your opinion may differ from mine and that's perfectly fine. All I ask is that we keep the conversation civil and limited to the uniforms. 

BEST:

1. Raiders - 49ers: The Raiders silver numbers aren't bad, but this one looks even better with the black numbers. Still a pretty easy choice for the best looking game of the week. 

TUFw1dX.jpgzjiUH1u.jpg

2. Lions - Vikings: After initially not liking them very much, the Lions new uniforms have grown on me. There are still some things about them that aren't great, but it's a pretty solid look. Add in the Vikings, a slow week, and here we are. 

0TiwB65.jpg

3. Steelers - Ravens: I prefer the Ravens purple jersey, but the black over white look ain't half bad. Never thought I'd say this, but it's nice to see the Steelers back in the italic numbers. Most weeks, this game doesn't take the #3 slot, but there wasn't a lot of competition.

otOVdHs.jpg

Not the worst looking game I've ever seen...

Titans - Cowboys: The Titans in all white combined with the Cowboys wearing the blue jerseys was enough to make this game look just this side of OK. Last season, it had the potential to look great. Oh well. I do kinda like the Titans blue helmet. 

bkl1VCQ.jpg

Thanks for nothing...

Buffalo Bills: Thanks for ruining what would have been a good looking game against the Bears by going blue monochrome. Yes, you suck, but there's no need to look bad doing it. 

New England Patriots: Love the CR jersey. Hate the mono blue look. Thanks for ruining a match up against the Packers.

Cleveland Browns: You've already said you're dumping the current uniforms so why not wear the only decent combo you have and go all white every chance you get? The Chiefs in their home uniforms matched up with the Browns all white would have looked pretty good. 

Worst:

1. Bucs - Panthers: Add Carolina to the list of teams that need to take their black pants, put them in a big pile, and set them on fire. It's bad enough that the Panthers went with the mono black, but to do it against the Bucs? Shouldn't there be a law against that sort of thing?

ihOiehU.jpg

That's if for this week. We'll do it again next week. Thanks for taking a look. 

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the Raiders wearing silver pants or white? I can't tell. Silver would be better.

Agreed on the Bills absolutely ruining that matchup. Ralph Wilson Stadium on a clear day is one of my favorite looks around the NFL, not totally sure why, but I actually tuned into a Bears game to enjoy the view. Then the Bills wore blue pants.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The photos make it appear white, but it’s def silver. A point was made somewhere that it was the first time for this combo or something. 

Gotta disagree on the Pats and Panthers. Each of their mono looks work really well IMO. Maybe because of the contrasting helmets and Socks, or maybe just because of how well the striping matches from the jerseys to pants, or maybe that they’re traditional looks, idk. I just know that they’re the best - or at least in that top tier - of the mono looks, and are in the top tier of uniforms regardless of mono or not. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Cleveland Browns: You've already said you're dumping the current uniforms so why not wear the only decent combo you have and go all white every chance you get? The Chiefs in their home uniforms matched up with the Browns all white would have looked pretty good. 

I'd argue the only decent combo they have is the color rush.  Just make a white set of that, and maybe an orange alternate and call it a day.

15 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Worst:

1. Bucs - Panthers: Add Carolina to the list of teams that need to take their black pants, put them in a big pile, and set them on fire. It's bad enough that the Panthers went with the mono black, but to do it against the Bucs? Shouldn't there be a law against that sort of thing?

ihOiehU.jpg

Gonna have to disagree with you here, I thought this looked good though maybe the Panthers could have gone with blue pants or blue jersey but this still looks really good. 

zyyMk1d.png

2 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

Gonna have to disagree with you here, I thought this looked good though maybe the Panthers could have gone with blue pants or blue jersey but this still looks really good. 

In the cadence of the Magic School Bus kids:

”A good-looking matchup against the Bucs? NO WAY!!”

3 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I'd argue the only decent combo they have is the color rush.  Just make a white set of that, and maybe an orange alternate and call it a day.

I agree with adding white pants and a white jersey to the CR set, but as it stands, the jersey is the only good thing about it. 

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

To each his own, I guess. 

BB52Big.jpg

7 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Once again, no love for Phins-Jets? 

920x920.jpg

This game wasn't pretty, but it sure looked it IMO. 

Once again, as I've said (about 1000 times) before, in my opinion, the Dolphins current uniform set is boring. It's not good enough to make the best list and it's not bad enough to make the worst list. You can keep asking, Kitt, but the answer ain't changin'. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Actually I"d like that Patriots set better if the white - or at least the white in the stripes - was actually silver/gray to match the helmet.  Not sure why it never bothered me until I saw that picture, but now it does.

I'd like to see a mock up of Elvis on a white helmet - maybe with Ravens/Titans1.0-style striping (shouldn't have a full stripe with that logo.)  Maybe going to a white helmet and having white pants to go with that jersey would work for the post-Brady era.

If the Jets change from white to green, then there wouldn't be 4 white-domed teams in the AFC East, not that I'd have an issue with it anyway.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Actually I"d like that Patriots set better if the white - or at least the white in the stripes - was actually silver/gray to match the helmet.  Not sure why it never bothered me until I saw that picture, but now it does.

I'd like to see a mock up of Elvis on a white helmet - maybe with Ravens/Titans1.0-style striping (shouldn't have a full stripe with that logo.)  Maybe going to a white helmet and having white pants to go with that jersey would work for the post-Brady era

If it were up to me, the Pats would be wearing the CR jersey, matching white pants, and the white Pat Patriot helmet. If executed correctly, it could be a top five look. I'd also like to see a version where silver is added to the jersey striping and numbers, silver pants, and the current helmet. Again, a top five look if done correctly. Finally, what do you think of going back to the Pat Patriot logo and helmet stripes on the silver helmet? I'm not sure if that would work or not, but I'd still like to see it. 

Assuming we're adding silver to the CR jerseys: for the road uniforms, you could go all white, white over blue, and white over silver.

BB52Big.jpg

7 hours ago, infrared41 said:

To each his own, I guess. 

No, no, no. The Panthers wearing blue in place of either of the black pieces would have been scientifically wrong. Saying otherwise is like saying that gravity doesn't exist.

I’m glad I’m not the only person who couldn’t tell if the Raiders pants were silver or white. 

I’m not gonna lie @infrared41, I’m surprised you like seeing the italic numbers for the Steelers too. I prefer them over the block numbers, for similar reasons to Da Bears usual numbers, but I know that’s an unpopular opinion. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

7 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Once again, as I've said (about 1000 times) before, in my opinion, the Dolphins current uniform set is boring. It's not good enough to make the best list and it's not bad enough to make the worst list. You can keep asking, Kitt, but the answer ain't changin'. B)

But you love the mismatched cowboys? Interesting...

Archived