NHL - identity refresh concepts

Bmac

I really like the logo—and I don’t say that often for Av rebrands. This one stays super close to the current logo with just enough modernization.  Only critique is that the blue snow is a little iffy—could have used silver there instead. Blue makes it less like snow and more like a wave.

Unfortunately the jerseys are not doing it. Need more burgundy on both of them. The white one is especially way too plain.

Solid logo update, but yeah, the snow should be silver rather than blue. The jersey striping is nice, but the main color needs to remain as burgundy - it's a solely Avs color in the NHL and should stay that way. The alternate is real clean, though, I'll give you that.

I agree with other statements about Colorado, like @appleclock's silver snow suggestion, the awkward black numbers as @seasaltvanilla says, and needing more burgundy all around. Way too much black, IMO. Still, I like the alt idea, and the recolored Rockies logo works well as the patch.

Buffalo is great! The off-white from the alt makes me wonder if you could replace all the set's white with off-white! No complaints!

The new LA logo's just a smidge too plain to me, but it's pretty good as is, and it's a welcomed relief from the lame shield. Love the return of the purple and yellow scheme. The black is a good adaption of the logo. My main concern would be a road trip to Nashville...

A good start to your series! Looking forward to your take on Anaheim.

Nice logo update for the Avs. But it seems strange to have their trademark burgundy reduced to a logo-only colour on their primary uniforms.

Not much to comment on for the Sabres but it's a good take on their classic look. Are there laces on either of the blue jerseys?

Never liked the purple and gold Kings look all that much, but you've fixed everything I hate about their crown logo so I have to give you props for that.

You've pretty much nailed the Lightning uniforms, but something about the logo seems off. Maybe making the bolt thicker would help it pop more?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived