FC Cincinnati

bartodell

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Food Lion FC will never die.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1 hour ago, xbhaskarx said:

This is only one step above the "Austin FC" crest explanation...

fcc-logo-explained.png

hE2BC523B

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I’m disappointed in the amount of white space; I really liked the all blue and orange of the last crest, but that’s about where it stops. It’s definitely an upgrade but still underwhelming. The new lion is an upgrade, the shape is much better, and it’s not one giant “FC,” although the top corner where FC is now feels barren. Don’t like the use of navy, however. 

spacer.png

As a fan, I'm not a fan. It's fine and I'm sure it'll grow on me. It's better than the mark it's replacing (NOT A HIGH BAR), but you kind of expect something to wow you to make the jump to MLS tier aesthetics and this doesn't. The Lion is once again limited to the bottom where its size will be difficult to view at badge size or social media size etc etc. Not sure why they insist on giving FC such prominence in the visual hierarchy in their badges. The lion is better than the old one and was rendered by someone with some aptitude which is why I would've liked to see it bigger and the visual center of the badge. I think that part will be useful in other applications, but I'm not sure how it'll look on it's own on, say, a tshirt, a stadium tarp, a hat, etc by itself. 

The striping is sort of reminiscent of the original uniforms, which is cool, if intentional, though I see no indication that this was. I think it would've looked better with orange in the FC block and blue where the lion is placed. The double blues do nothing for me. I think that font is gonna look dated real quick. 

The only really good part that jumps out to me is the name is now Football Club Cincinnati. Not futbol, and definitely not fussball. Good decision that rights a weird wrong they made by going with Futbol in the first place. 

This was interesting though: "

FC Cincinnati, a name that immediately resonated with the region and took hold both nationally and internationally, remains. However, the words from which “FC” is shortened have changed.

“Football Club Cincinnati” – the team’s full written name – will take the field in MLS. The name is to be shortened to FC Cincinnati on first reference. “FCC” is acceptable on second reference, as is “FC Cincy” if necessary. “FC” is not an acceptable reference at any time.

NOTE: The much-speculated name Fussball Club Cincinnati – or Fußball Club Cincinnati using the German character – is the formal, legal name of the club and its business units. It is not to be used in any sporting references to the team, or in any public discussion."

What's the reasoning for having a different legal name for the club? 

PvO6ZWJ.png

This from the other thread is actually pretty cool:

DrprrJ6WwAEmFMa.jpg:large

I like the new look and Im glad they still have a lion. A twitter user actually noticed some subtle nods to Cincinnati. The lions tail forms a C. The lions back follows the rough outline of the Ohio River. The lion is divided into seven segments, a nod to the "seven hills" of Cincinnati. (In reality Cincinnati has more than seven hills but its folk lore).

Dr11ygeX4AESXbX.jpg

Full branding of logos. The font is iffy for me and the shield is a little off for my taste but at least its not another roundel. Love the colors and the lion though. I might eventually warm up to the logo since its my team but change takes some time.

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived