infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL 2018 Week Ten

infrared41

Past the halfway point and fast headed for the finish. Week ten had a couple of outstanding match ups, some pretty good ones, and just two games bad enough to make the worst list. While we're still waiting for someone to explain how the Cowboys uniform doesn't meet the definition of a uniform, let's put 60 seconds on the clock and play this week's game. As always, the lists are just my opinion. Your opinion may differ from mine and that's perfectly fine. All I ask is that we keep the conversation civil and limited to the uniforms. 

BEST:

1. Giants - 49ers: Two great classic uniforms. This might get consideration for game of the year. Every game should look this good.

kby9ubc.jpgdOupFzq.jpg

2. Bills - Jets: Enjoy this one, folks, it's probably the last time we're going to see this great match up for a while. Another game in the running for the best of the year. I'm glad the Bills went all white for this game. It's a shame that this Jets uniform is headed for the throwback bin. I'm willing to bet whatever it's replaced with won't be nearly as good. 

zyiBo8i.jpg

9g5KfG5.jpg

3. Lions - Bears: It's about time that the Bears and my favorite home uniform found their way back to the best list. I would have liked this one even more if Detroit had gone with the gray pants, but this still looks pretty damned good. Thinking back to my original reaction to it, I'm surprised by how many times the Lions new set has made the best list this season. 

K9lVke5.jpg

4. Seahawks - Rams: I really like Seattle's white over gray combo (and the all white combo.) I wish the Hawks would wear the gray pants with the home jerseys, but they seem to be stuck on that awful blue mono look. Too bad. The Rams throwbacks aren't among my favorites, but they're still a whole lot better than any other option the team has right now. And they really pop in the California sunshine. 

sfwCMH9.jpg

5. Chargers - Raiders: I'm not crazy about the Chargers look, but when it's the right combo matched up with the right team, it works. All white against those perfect Raiders uniforms works. 

q89MRpQ.jpg

WORST:

1. Saints - Bengals: I knew this game was going to top the worst list when I opened the picture gallery and started laughing. I like the idea of an orange alternate jersey for the Bengals. The problem is this isn't the idea I like. The Bengals are so close to looking good yet so far away. I've done the "burn the black pants" bit with the Saints plenty already. No need to do it again. Great helmet match up, though. 

NtROKCw.jpg

2. Falcons - Browns: When the Falcons are easily the best looking team on the field, you know it's an ugly game. What the hell were the Browns thinking when they said yes to this disaster of a uniform? 

DLskw5t.jpg

That's all for this week. We'll reset and do it again next week. Thanks for dropping by. 

BB52Big.jpg

My issue with Giants vs 49ers is the Giants white/red jersey vs SF's red/white.  The second photo looks like an intrasquad game (jerseys only).  It'd look a lot better if the Giants had blue numbers and maybe stripes too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You mention the 49ers-Giants game to possibly be in consideration for best matchup of the year. At the end of the regular season, will you give us a top five best matchups of the entire 2018 season? I’d be interested to see that. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

3 hours ago, Elmos World 17 said:

Jeez man you’re still upset about the whole cowboys thing? Obviously we don’t agree on things so just let it go 

It's called humor, chief. Google it. FWIW, that bit about the Cowboys uniform was a bit I stole borrowed from TV critic Alan Sepinwall. Google his work and you'll see where I got it. 

BB52Big.jpg

4 hours ago, Chawls said:

You mention the 49ers-Giants game to possibly be in consideration for best matchup of the year. At the end of the regular season, will you give us a top five best matchups of the entire 2018 season? I’d be interested to see that. 

Yes. I usually post it during the first week of the playoffs. 

BB52Big.jpg

7 hours ago, mjd77 said:

This was interesting...nice look for Tennessee IMO.

usatsi_11647063.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

I liked the Titans look a little bit too, but combined with the Patrtiots there wasn't enough to give the game serious consideration for the best list. 

BB52Big.jpg

15 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

i have to mention Cardinals / Chiefs for worst this week. it was impossible to differentiate the teams on tv.

qSwq0Er.jpg

The Cardinals can’t abandon this set soon enough. It’s just beating a dead horse at this point but the league’s oldest franchise shouldn’t look like an arena team. 

Midway.png

50 minutes ago, Walter Sobchak said:

I thought Dolphins-Packers was a good matchup this week. I know you’re not big on the Dolphins uniforms infrared, but I thought the colors looked good against each other.

Being a Packers fan, I watched that game. My biggest issue with Miami is the colors. As @Cosmic pointed out in last week's thread, the Dolphins colors look washed out. They look like something a 70 year old grandmother would wear. It's especially bad with the home uniforms. Pastel is not a good look in the NFL. 

BB52Big.jpg

39 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Being a Packers fan, I watched that game. My biggest issue with Miami is the colors. As @Cosmic pointed out in last week's thread, the Dolphins colors look washed out. They look like something a 70 year old grandmother would wear. It's especially bad with the home uniforms. Pastel is not a good look in the NFL. 

I don’t disagree with that. Using the throwback shade of orange was a good idea and they should have brought the throwback shade of aqua with it. 

7 hours ago, infrared41 said:

I liked the Titans look a little bit too, but combined with the Patrtiots there wasn't enough to give the game serious consideration for the best list. 

I really don't understand the hate for the Patriots uniforms.

I personally like the side panels, but that is the one thing that I can see people disliking about them. And they are very subtle/not even visible on the home set.

47 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

interesting. i'd say thats exactly how Miami color should be— sun bleached, not sun burned (Marlins)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

10 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

interesting. i'd say thats exactly how Miami color should be— sun bleached, not sun burned (Marlins)

An interesting idea, but is it really a good one if it leads to a less aesthetically pleasing uniform? 

Sometimes “it looks better” is all the justification you need. 

59 minutes ago, Ark said:

I really don't understand the hate for the Patriots uniforms.

I don't hate the Pats uniforms at all. In fact, they've made my best list on numerous occasions. My point was simply that a match up between the Pats and a Titans uniform that I "like a little" wasn't quite enough for me to put the game on the best list this week. Other weeks, that game may have made it. Just not this week. 

BB52Big.jpg

59 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

I suppose, but if you're going to go that route, you should probably pick a color that doesn't remind me of 80 year old Aunt Edna and the current aqua reminds me of Aunt Edna. 

BB52Big.jpg

Archived