infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL 2018 Week Ten

infrared41

4 hours ago, Midway said:

The Cardinals can’t abandon this set soon enough. It’s just beating a dead horse at this point but the league’s oldest franchise shouldn’t look like an arena team. 

Midway wins the week. Well said. The solution to the Cardinals problem is simple. Do an updated version of this and call it a day. 

91nihYqyRNL._SX425_.jpgneil-lomax-autographed-st-louis-cardinal

BB52Big.jpg

8 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

I suppose, but if you're going to go that route, you should probably pick a color that doesn't remind me of 80 year old Aunt Edna and the current aqua reminds me of Aunt Edna. 

LOL, i actually really love the color. but im now tempted to rename the Aqua in the brand guidelines "Aunt Edna Aqua". 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1 hour ago, Ark said:

I really don't understand the hate for the Patriots uniforms.

I personally like the side panels, but that is the one thing that I can see people disliking about them. And they are very subtle/not even visible on the home set.

The perfect update would for them to get a white version of the color rush set, possibly go back to a white helmet, and call it a day.

26 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Midway wins the week. Well said. The solution to the Cardinals problem is simple. Do an updated version of this and call it a day. 

91nihYqyRNL._SX425_.jpgneil-lomax-autographed-st-louis-cardinal

Somehow, I don't think any Cardinals update would have a traditional look.

17 hours ago, mjd77 said:

This was interesting...nice look for Tennessee IMO.

usatsi_11647063.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

One plus from the Titans is that they don't seem to have gone all-in on mono navy like we thought they would. It's almost like they understand that a lot of people like the light blue and want to see it too. Of course, one would think they'd make the light blue their main color in that case, but baby steps I guess...

5 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

LOL, i actually really love the color. but im now tempted to rename the Aqua in the brand guidelines "Aunt Edna Aqua". 

Aunt Edna Aqua would be the most accurate description. B) 

Seriously though, I've really tried to find reasons to like the Dolphins current uniforms, but they just don't work for me. The best I can do is the "not good enough to be on the best list, not bad enough to be on the worst list" bit. The Dolphins wear perfectly average uniforms. IMHO, anyway. 

BB52Big.jpg

4 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Somehow, I don't think any Cardinals update would have a traditional look.

You're probably right and that's too bad. Their old set was great. Yeah, the home jersey didn't have stripes and the road jersey did, but so what. They both looked great. The Old Card uniforms would most definitely be in my top ten best in the league. I might even go so far as to say that the all white old Cards road uniforms would supplant the Raiders as my favorite road uniforms in the NFL. 

dc59ac3d9682b990b6a860e0403936bc.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Some of this past weekend's games, when they appeared to be much nicer uniform matchups IMO. Bengals/Saints in the above picture the way that game should look. Jags/Colts, with the Jags having teal be as prominent as ever on their road whites. Raiders/Chargers, with the Chargers uniforms having more life and less modern ~waviness~ and bordered fonts. I will say Chargers uniform in this post probably has its fair share of flaws overall. And then there's Falcons/Browns (a game that made your worst) in a much better era. I think I remember you saying that you liked the red helmet look for the Falcons infrared. I personally liked Giants/49ers when the G men had more blue to their road look than red. I'm indifferent about the pants color on the road and like both the white or grey. 

AzTcILD.jpg

euFUpmx.jpg

original.jpg?fm=jpg&auto=format&w=300

b0mJQJj.jpg

2teRZAY.jpg

22 hours ago, infrared41 said:

4. Seahawks - Rams: I really like Seattle's white over gray combo (and the all white combo.) I wish the Hawks would wear the gray pants with the home jerseys, but they seem to be stuck on that awful blue mono look. Too bad. The Rams throwbacks aren't among my favorites, but they're still a whole lot better than any other option the team has right now. And they really pop in the California sunshine. 

sfwCMH9.jpg

The lighting of this photo combined with the Rams' throwbacks makes it look like the Seahawks arrived at this game via time machine.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived