LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU

Adidas NHL Throwback Jerseys

They look awesome, even thoguh Gretzky played for the Rangers when their blue jersey had a lace-up collar.

That little thing notwithstanding, these look awesome, and are in good quality just like the CCM vintage jerseys of prior years.

24 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

They look awesome, even thoguh Gretzky played for the Rangers when their blue jersey had a lace-up collar.

That little thing notwithstanding, these look awesome, and are in good quality just like the CCM vintage jerseys of prior years.

Only in his last year there.

7 minutes ago, charger77 said:

Only in his last year there.

No, his last two. They first wore the blues with the tie-downs for the 97-98 season.

I'm guessing this is an "authentic" line of throwbacks? Looks like they all have fight straps. 

The detail on the collar of the Howe jersey is cool. 

The Coyotes' collar is the modern one, not the collar of the 90s.

12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm guessing this is an "authentic" line of throwbacks? Looks like they all have fight straps. 

The detail on the collar of the Howe jersey is cool. 

The Coyotes' collar is the modern one, not the collar of the 90s.

The Coyotes one is called Authentic Heritage and the others are Authentic Heroes of Hockey Throwback.

Everything is so out of proportion on that Penguins jersey that it's making me twitchy.

49 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Everything is so out of proportion on that Penguins jersey that it's making me twitchy.

Agreed. There's 3 glaring mistakes on it. 

1. The thinner sleeve stripes 

2. Super wide hem stripes

3. Elongated sleeve numbers instead of the flatter ones

Fanatics's making replica version of throwbacks:

ff_3276572-5ac6789ca72f665c440ealt1_full

BTW, this adidas collars looks so small to me.

On November 14, 2018 at 2:16 PM, johnnysama said:

20423.jpg

30 minutes ago, nash61 said:

20423.jpg

He wore both styles.  Makes sense for Adidas to go with the style not used today though.

tYs4DQY.jpg

2 hours ago, nash61 said:

20423.jpg

How quickly I forget. XD

On 11/30/2018 at 11:21 AM, Zeus89725 said:

Something looks off about that jersey, and I don’t mean the design. Can’t put my finger on it, though. 

As an aside, I was playing in a hockey tournament in the late 90’s, and the pro shop in the rink had so many of those Isles jerseys that they couldn’t sell. I mean full racks of them. They were having a promotion where if you bought the home for $60, you would get the away one for free. I hated those jerseys, but I kick myself for not getting in on that deal every time I look back on it. 

1 hour ago, BelfourThibault said:

Something looks off about that jersey, and I don’t mean the design. Can’t put my finger on it, though. 

As an aside, I was playing in a hockey tournament in the late 90’s, and the pro shop in the rink had so many of those Isles jerseys that they couldn’t sell. I mean full racks of them. They were having a promotion where if you bought the home for $60, you would get the away one for free. I hated those jerseys, but I kick myself for not getting in on that deal every time I look back on it. 

I was 11 years old and my local pro shop had a rack of clearance jerseys with the ducks wild wing jersey and Canucks red/black gradient in there. $30...11 year old me messed up

4 hours ago, BelfourThibault said:

The crest looks too flat. I'm not convinced it's embroidered.

66NxqrV.png

Look at the difference

Pf5vVFx.png

1 hour ago, nash61 said:

The crest looks too flat. I'm not convinced it's embroidered.

It's not. At all.

And that seam below the neck is ridiculous.