Geographical Fantasy Football

Cab24fan

So I've finally done something I've been pondering about for the past year or so. I made an entire fantasy football league where each team is made up only from players in a given state/region. It's a different way of using fantasy and it seemed like something that could be interesting to see as the season played out. I went through pro-football-reference.com  and looked through each player birthplace states to find players for each team. The beginning rosters were not permanent, I have changed each variously throughout the year as I found out some players produce more points than others. Each Wednesday I go through and edit each teams rosters and it's actually been quite interesting to watch week to week. Here's a list of the team I decided to use:

East Division:

Dixieland Rebels (Alabama, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee)

Florida Hurricanes

Georgia Swampers

Great Lakes Bucks (Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin)

Mid-East Islanders (Delaware, D.C., Kentucky, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia)

New England Pilgrims (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont)

New Jersey Sea Dragons

Pennsylvania Colonials

West Division

Big Sky Ranchers (Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington)

California Surfers

Great Plains Bison (Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma)

International Travelers (All non-USA areas)

Louisiana Gators

Ohio Harvest

Rocky Mountain Bighorns (Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming)

Texas Gunslingers

Here's a look at the current standings. It may surprise you how each region is doing, as well as what players are on each team and how each team did against each other.   http://games.espn.com/ffl/standings?leagueId=704917&seasonId=2018

allstatestandings_orig.png

Let me know what you think of this little experiment, or if you know of any improvements I could make for next season.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived