Oldschoolvikings updates the World Hockey League - Indianapolis Racers added, 3/28/19

oldschoolvikings

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

These Cleveland Barons played in the National Hockey League, not the World Hockey Association. Their name was inspired by that of the longtime Cleveland Barons American Hockey League team. 

Hmm... I didn't know that. Their name pops up on WHL lists.

On 12/22/2018 at 11:01 AM, Black Dragon said:

Can you do Birmingham next 

That's funny... I was just finishing one for the Toronto Toros, which is the same team/logo/design. 

Here is the team in Birmingham..

Ramage-4.jpg

And here is Toronto...

toronto-toros-throwback-retro-hockey-jer

And here is mine;

torto_zps482uiybq.png

I guess it would work for either, except for the shoulder patch, which is a double "T" with horns.

11 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

On the Toronto Toros/Birmingham Bulls logo, I always felt like the left leg of the bull was missing.

Oh, I get that.  Reminds me of this painting I did years ago;

Picture1_zpsipcbjxhe.png

Obviously, Like that bull, I meant for you to think the unseen leg is hidden by the body.  It wasn't until later, when it's hanging at a gallery, during the opening I'm staring at it and realize I've only given him three leg shadows.  So, I inadvertently painted as three-legged dog, which made it all that much sadder. And embarrassing. I don't think I've shown it since.  I guess I could go back and paint in the missing shadow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived