oldschoolvikings

Oldschoolvikings updates the World Hockey League - Indianapolis Racers added, 3/28/19

Man i was not expecting that Blazers concept knowing you! That Spurs one is money though, best of the bunch so far.

I want to like Chicago, but between the color scheme and the logo silhouette, I just think John Deere.

3 hours ago, Whittier S said:

I want to like Chicago, but between the color scheme and the logo silhouette, I just think John Deere.

Ha!  I get that...

il_fullxfull.483380827_l3dp.jpeg?v=14501

McLeodChi.jpg

They kind of had that look all along.

Love the Chicago jerseys. Almost feels like what the Minnesota North Stars could have ended up doing with their jerseys if they hadn’t rebranded to the ST^RS look and moved to Dallas.

On 11/30/2018 at 11:45 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

Cleveland Barons...

3362969765901328916.jpg

These Cleveland Barons played in the National Hockey League, not the World Hockey Association. Their name was inspired by that of the longtime Cleveland Barons American Hockey League team. 

1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

These Cleveland Barons played in the National Hockey League, not the World Hockey Association. Their name was inspired by that of the longtime Cleveland Barons American Hockey League team. 

Hmm... I didn't know that. Their name pops up on WHL lists.

On 12/22/2018 at 11:01 AM, Black Dragon said:

Can you do Birmingham next 

That's funny... I was just finishing one for the Toronto Toros, which is the same team/logo/design. 

Here is the team in Birmingham..

Ramage-4.jpg

And here is Toronto...

toronto-toros-throwback-retro-hockey-jer

And here is mine;

torto_zps482uiybq.png

I guess it would work for either, except for the shoulder patch, which is a double "T" with horns.

On the Toronto Toros/Birmingham Bulls logo, I always felt like the left leg of the bull was missing.

11 hours ago, neo_prankster said:

On the Toronto Toros/Birmingham Bulls logo, I always felt like the left leg of the bull was missing.

Oh, I get that.  Reminds me of this painting I did years ago;

Picture1_zpsipcbjxhe.png

Obviously, Like that bull, I meant for you to think the unseen leg is hidden by the body.  It wasn't until later, when it's hanging at a gallery, during the opening I'm staring at it and realize I've only given him three leg shadows.  So, I inadvertently painted as three-legged dog, which made it all that much sadder. And embarrassing. I don't think I've shown it since.  I guess I could go back and paint in the missing shadow.

I can’t exactly place why I like the Toros as much as I do. It’s just so different and the colors mesh really well

Continuing with the strange color schemes, here's the Los Angeles Sharks in Periwinkle, Blood Red, and Black.  The original team looked like this;

17413.jpg

vintage-wha-l-a-sharks-away-jersey-4.gif

And my take;

lashrk_zpsumrdtrob.png