Best Logo Refreshes

nash61

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/19/2018 at 10:58 AM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Why the team doesn't use this is absolutely mind boggling.

You wouldn’t believe me if I told you. 🙂

On 11/19/2018 at 6:35 PM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

dai-ohio-state-athletics-logos.0.jpeg

As Derek said (and I think I’m remembering this right), that logo was done in house at OSU, and it was out for roughly one day before Rickabaugh (designer of the original?) said something to the effect of, “What are you doing? Give me a couple hours and we can fix this.” The current logo was out within the week.

lgo_ncaa_ohio_state_buckeyes.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The old falcon did need updating, yes, but the resulting angry bird with the jacked-up swollen foot and the squat wings wasn’t the answer. They could’ve done much better with the modernization than that. 

I cant find a good picture that looks a lot like the logo’s intended form, but these three come a little close at least with the wings and head:

Laggar_Falcon_in_Flight.jpg

Falcon-in-The-Mist-Cleo-in-Flight-1.jpg

Peregrine-Falcon-Combo.jpg

What the original’s got on the current to me is a more correct proportion regarding the wings. They were longer and the falcon seems larger and more imposing. The current’s wings just look too small and diminutive and don’t seem “correct”. Throw in that inexcusably huge foot and the whole thing’s got a proportion problem. They were so concerned with making it look fast and speedy and angry that they neglected to make it look right

Now, to each thier own, but I really do think they could’ve updated the Falcon and done a much better job than they did. That’s just how I see it.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

16 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Also a downgrade.  

On what planet 😅.  The Bruins 1996 logo was terrible.

The extra black outline muddies the B and makes it so much less legible at distance or smaller size.

The extra black outline makes the "B" more prominent which is exactly what the logo needed.  What looks muddled to me is how thin the outline on the previous logo was.

2 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

7izs3ydvvnkji60gmggzgkufj.gif

to

2243_florida_panthers-alternate-2017.png

A thousand times yes. The Florida Panthers' pre-soccer logos were awesome. I like the overly detailed first one even better.

EDIT: For some reason I thought we were talking about downgrades. I consider the above a definite downgrade.

Both of the Falcons' logos are greatly flawed. The old one looks like silhouetted clip art that you would see on Microsoft Office, and the current one is over-designed with too many elements and outlines. While the old logo is a more accurate image of a falcon, the current one is more up-to-date IMO so I consider it a refresh.

15 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

That is in turn a downgrade from this:

228.png

So much simpler and easy to read.

The gold lines get lost from a distance; they need black around them.

Archived