NHL Color Explosion Series

mattr1198

Taking a page from the NFL's Color Rush uniforms, I decided to go above and beyond just a color rush jersey for the 31 NHL teams, it's a color explosion! Pretty much only two colors may represent the team and pant colors must be the same as the jersey. I will be going in order of team founding, not by division or A-Z. As always, any comments are welcome. To get things started, here are the first three of the Original Six:

Montreal Canadiens:

Ui0BArN.jpg

Boston Bruins:

YErI7dR.png

Chicago Blackhawks:

6rjOFCI.jpg

Up Next: The remaining Original Six teams...

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

1 minute ago, Section30 said:

This is an interesting idea, but will half the teams be white and half be colored or how will you decide? Because so far you have the Habs in white but the other 2 in color, just wondering how you'll decide and such. I really like the Bruins look.

It's similar to that of the NFL in that most teams will go to a color-on-color look, but some will go with white jerseys either because the colored jersey design doesn't look good in two colors or there simply isn't a difference between the color explosion jersey and the regular home jersey. For Montreal, their home jersey design was too difficult to make in red and white or red and blue, so I used white and their away styling. You'll see with Toronto I'm doing it in white because the home uniform would be completely unchanged if it were a color explosion jersey.

NYC x STL

The last three of the Original Six:

New York Rangers:

jdSTGKg.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs:

5YCkKgC.jpg

Detroit Red Wings:

IcZi0n6.jpg

Will be moving on to the first expansion teams next. With brighter colors and more unique uniforms, these teams will be a lot more fun than the O6 teams!

NYC x STL

Since y'all wanted more color/variety, I'm going to allow white as an accent color ONLY, except where it is a team's secondary color, and the use of retro colors. To edit the Rangers a bit, as a result, it is now a red and blue uniform with white drop shadows to differentiate itself from the Leafs:

uAlw1NN.jpg

Now, moving onto the first modern expansion team:

Los Angeles Kings:

IA1VMfP.jpg

NYC x STL

5 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

My C&C would be to clean up your presentation. The arena backdrops are very distracting from your concepts. 

Thank you. I personally didn't see it as such, but understand that it can be distracting and will adjust accordingly.

NYC x STL

9 hours ago, mattr1198 said:

For the first of the second expansion teams (and the hottest team in the league), I decided to experiment a little bit with the striping. Let me know what you think:

Buffalo Sabres:

1LOQm9v.jpg

You need to do more to distinguish this from your Blues concept.

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

You need to do more to distinguish this from your Blues concept.

Decided to alter the color scheme to the current on to differentiate itself from the Blues color scheme a bit. Also added the crossed sabres logo on the pant:

T7fe84b.jpg

NYC x STL

Archived