Miami Marlins Rebrand

DawgPacPBH

Overall I really like this!  Two suggestions I have are 1) creating a "Marlins" wordmark for the home jersey and 2) adding a bit more pink to the entire branding or ditching it completely.  I dont know of any pro baseball teams that use color(s) on an alternate jersey that are completely absent from the rest of their jerseys or logos.  That South Beach alt feels too "NBA-ish" when compared to the rest.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

1 hour ago, itsmb8 said:

Overall I really like this!  Two suggestions I have are 1) creating a "Marlins" wordmark for the home jersey and 2) adding a bit more pink to the entire branding or ditching it completely.  I dont know of any pro baseball teams that use color(s) on an alternate jersey that are completely absent from the rest of their jerseys or logos.  That South Beach alt feels too "NBA-ish" when compared to the rest.

Spot on re: having a "Marlins" wordmark. Had one done and just spaced on putting it on there. It's in there now, thanks!

I think taking a page from the NBA is probably a good thing for MLB in terms of trying to do city-specific things. 

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

I like the font here, and the uniforms are good, for the most part.

The logo's got all the parts, I just think it feels really disjointed. The marlin, which is well-done on its own, is just kinda awkwardly floating above the M.

As for the unis, I gotta love the return of teal.

That said, I agree with @itsmb8 about trying to bring add a dash of pink on the first few unis, maybe by replacing silver. I would also try to add some more teal to the black alt to balance with the pink.

Good start here! A good mix of the Marlins' past looks.

I agree that you should replace silver with pink 1) because the silver doesn't really add much and 2) it would be nice if the pink wasn't confined to just the black alt. 

Also, as @seasaltvanilla pointed out, the marlin could stand to look a little more aggressive. 

All in all you're headed in a really nice direction with this. Good work! 

Not a huge fan of the outline around the marlin, especially around the mouth, it seems too big there. Also, I know that shade of teal is "classic" for them, but I just think it's time to retire it completely, the new blue works so much better. Overall, it's ok, but change that teal to blue and you've got something.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Something is off about the logo, and I think after staring at it a while, it's the Marlin facing the wrong way.  It seems fine with just the cap logo, but with the wordmark on the Jersey, it's kind of off-putting, as I naturally read it left to right, the Marlin is looking away from the rest of the wordmark logo.  Plus, swapping him around to go with the upward movement of the M cap logo might look better there, and also, the negative space between the tail being the outline color is weird a little when it gets further away.

But the colors and usage, jersey design are top notch.

Archived