Jump to content

Cleveland Indians Unveil New Uniform, Cap for 2019


VDizzle12
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

That script is legit the ONLY thing about this set that’s even remotely interesting. Every single other element is bland garbage. You ditch that, you might as well mine the few memories I have of the Indians from my collective conscious because they’re literally not even worth remembering.

 

And if it weren't "borrowed" from the Braves?  I'd agree with you.  But damnit, be at least a little original in your branding.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Indians really wanted to do something with a boring script and no Wahoo, then 80s-style racing stripes on the sleeves would be a cool way to go. 

 

The script in the 80s wasn't interesting. But the racing stripes added some flair (insert Office_Space.gif)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really odd what they did with the blue jersey. I'm not opposed to using the "CLEVELAND" mark but ditching the piping just seems odd. 

 

The block "C" is fine. No complaints. I'd prefer they use a wishbone with the script marks or switch full time to the block "INDIANS" but its fine. Personally I really hate the "Caveman" style so the block design is better than nothing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mac the Knife said:

If I had but five wishes left that could be fulfilled before I died, one would be that the Cleveland Indians abandon that ****ing Atlanta Braves-like "Indians" script for all time.  Ugh.

 

1 hour ago, Mac the Knife said:

 

And if it weren't "borrowed" from the Braves?  I'd agree with you.  But damnit, be at least a little original in your branding.

 

As I am unaware, can you explain the "borrowed" thing? Because other than both being cursive, the Indians and Braves have very different scripts. And both teams have ties to these scripts that go back the better part of a century. If anything, the Indians would have to be borrowing from the Boston Braves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mac the Knife said:

 

And if it weren't "borrowed" from the Braves?  I'd agree with you.  But damnit, be at least a little original in your branding.

Other than being cursive it's not even close to looking like a Braves knockoff. To me, a knockoff suggests confusion over each look. To be fair though, the 1995 series did look like a spring training game with similar hats in Cleveland.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

If the Indians really wanted to do something with a boring script and no Wahoo, then 80s-style racing stripes on the sleeves would be a cool way to go. 

 

The script in the 80s wasn't interesting. But the racing stripes added some flair (insert Office_Space.gif)

They'd either need plain pants or matching racing stripes as well.

 

13 minutes ago, Ray Lankford said:

The new blue jersey really shows how white outlines makes them look like the Red Sox

Since Boston's not in their division no one will really notice the similarities unless they both wearcthem in the same game. That jersey also shows that MLB seems to be following the NBA model of 4-5 unis per team before they even get to the special occasion uniforms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

As I am unaware, can you explain the "borrowed" thing? Because other than both being cursive, the Indians and Braves have very different scripts. And both teams have ties to these scripts that go back the better part of a century. If anything, the Indians would have to be borrowing from the Boston Braves.

 

33 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Other than being cursive it's not even close to looking like a Braves knockoff. To me, a knockoff suggests confusion over each look. To be fair though, the 1995 series did look like a spring training game with similar hats in Cleveland.

 

Go look at the general uniform histories of the Braves and Indians dating back the past 70 years.  If after that you don't see what I'm referring to, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to explain it clearly enough for you to understand it.  Suffice to say the Indians and Braves have a history of putting together a similar general look.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mac the Knife said:

 

 

Go look at the general uniform histories of the Braves and Indians dating back the past 70 years.  If after that you don't see what I'm referring to, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to explain it clearly enough for you to understand it.  Suffice to say the Indians and Braves have a history of putting together a similar general look.

Baseball tends to follow the same aesthetics. The same can be said of every team with red in the SEC. At one time or another they all looked like Alabama. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Their road uniforms continue to be the most lifeless boring look in all of major sports.

 

Their home jersey is still solid, but that cap is dragging the look down badly.  Just one outline on the cap logo would help this look so much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I’m just hoping they get rid of nameplates in favor of direct-sewn NoB’s. Cleveland and the Rays need to get with the rest of the majors (save the Yankees) in that regard.

 

Uni Watch October 18, 2018

 

"Chief Wahoo isn’t the only thing the Indians are leaving behind next season. A little birdie tells me they’re going to stop using nameplates and switch to direct-sewn NOB lettering. Ditto for the Rays."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.