Sun League - A Floridian Baseball Branding Project

raysox

Like I mentioned, I took to twitter crowd sourcing names. One name suggested was Jaguarundi. I had no clue what these letters mean, so naturally I googled it. It's this pudgy little jungle cat, whose face I fell in love with. There are reports of some of these guys being in Florida, being shot on camera in backyards and stuff. Orlando I really couldn't pin down a name for, since most suggestions were along the lines of "Magic Mice". Then it hit me, what's Orlando known for? Tourists. That's the real Floridian invasive species. It all clicked and I went  to work.

Sun League team 4 of 10: Orlando Jaguarundi

Orlando-Jaguarundi-02.png

Orlando-Uniforms-01.png

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im late to the party, as a Florida resident these are amazing. Stegasaurus' are my favorite dinosaur so its about time I see a concept of one on here. Can't wait to see more (especially if thats Plant City on that map).

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

On 11/21/2018 at 9:06 AM, raysox said:

This is going to be an Out of the Park sim league. This will be a mix of minor league baseball fun, the Senior Professional Baseball Association, and my old Continental Baseball League. The CBL was a sim league I ran, where I took free agent MLB players, drafted teams, and posted the results. I'm still looking at the logistics of doing this. It will involve manually drafting free agents to the teams, some tricky contract settings. The tests I ran last year lead to players getting scooped by MLB teams before the season began. It should work better after the changes I'm thinking of making!

Ootp19 is on sale on steam so I’m gonna get it tonight for this.

next team’s detailed logo is nearly done.

Folks, we are witnessing something extraordinary. 

Raysox, incredible work. I love what you've got going here. It's very minor league, and yet still so professional feeling. It's the perfect balance between fun and professional.

Also, I have seen your work for the next logo on Twitter, and I can't wait to see the full package. 

spacer.png

FUN RAYSOX FACT: in 7th grade gifted class, we had a year long biography project where we did 12 or so projects based on a famous person in history. Yours truly was PT Barnum! I learned a lot and glanced over all the animal cruelty and profiting off deformities obviously.

After Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey merged in the early 1900s, Ringling moved their head quarters to their winter home city of Sarasota, Florida. There's a museum there, had a clown college, and that's mostly what Sarasota is known for. As I linked before, AstroBull suggested it on twitter. It felt like the right call to use that name. I just needed to figure out how to brand that. 

This is the most Brandiose logo I ever made.

Sun League team 5 of 10: Sarasota Ringmasters

Ringmasters-01.png

Ringmasters-Uniforms-01.png

2 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Ringmasters look great! Only complaint is the red flames blend in with the background of the logo. Maybe change the background color?

Thanks. The red background is just a background. But added a stroke around it for you. Also didn't have my stars there.

Ringmasters-01.png

2 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Three things; The logo looks fantastic, and the idea is genius. But the wordmarks on the jerseys seem small, and the red one is unreadable from a distance. Finally, I wanna buy that road hat!

Fixed! Also made the S cap not angled like the script.

Ringmasters-Uniforms-01.png

2 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

So by my count, we have remaining locations in... @raysox

Plant City

Lakeland?

Punta Gorda?

Vero Beach

That second Space Coast location has me intrigued ... Melbourne?

Well you got two right! One you didn't? Lakeland. They have the Tigers.

Elsewhere in Polk County....

I went to SB Nation's Minor League Baseball Team Name Generator just to spark some ideas. I got some good ones, it's a fun thing to play with. One I got originally was the Bog Rats. Florida is basically 80% swamp, so this seemed like a minor league team in waiting. In my replies to the aforementioned twitter thread, a friend mentioned the team name "Swamp Hogs". That's great, there's boars here and they're mean sonovabitches. But what if I did something even more minor league? What if I made them-

Sun League team 6 of 10: Winter Haven Bog Hogs

Winter-Haven-01.png

Winter-Haven-Uniforms-01.png

(the cap logo looks like this, just since it's so different from the rest)

Winter-Haven-Bog-Hogs-small-50.png

Archived