infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL 2018 Week 11

infrared41

Apologies for running a little late this holiday week. Week 11 was not the best week for uniform match ups. We had a few decent looking games, but any other week, most of the games would have been at the lower end of the best list. We did manage to get a few disasters for the worst list so there's that, I guess, but overall, not a great week. That being said, let's spin the big wheel and play our game. As always, the lists are just my opinion. Your opinion may differ from mine and that's perfectly fine. All I ask is that we keep the conversation civil and limited to the uniforms. 

BEST:

1. Cowboys - Falcons: This one barely beat out game #2 and it did it mostly because I like Atlanta's throwback inspired alternate (is that a good way to describe it?) just a tad better than I like New Orleans CR uniform. Pretty good looking game. 

ls39GoM.jpg

I6sdKyJ.jpg

2. Super Bowl Champion Eagles - Saints: If the Saints would match up the gold and add a pair of gold pants to this uniform, it would be one of the best looks in the league. Still, the all white is pretty solid. The Eagles green over white look has really grown on me over the years.

8aSKYdI.jpg

qW88flJ.jpg

3. Steelers - Jaguars: A few weeks back, I said something to the effect of "I'm not sure if I like this Jags look." This is probably a pretty unpopular opinion, but I have fallen on the "I like it" side of the debate. It's not perfect, but it ain't bad at all. A lot is going to depend on the team it's matched up with. It works with the Steelers. 

oodOEhX.jpg

4. Vikings - Bears: Who do I contact with the Bears to get them to wear the primary home uniforms against other good looking teams? It seems like every time the Bears have a match up that should take the #1 spot - like the Vikings for example - they wear those awful throwbacks or the orange alt. The orange isn't awful, but it's not great either. Not the worst looking game I've ever seen.

pfOsfYs.jpg 

5. Texans - Redskins: I'm not a big fan of Washington's throwbacks. They're not terrible and I thought they looked OK matched up with the Texans. Nothing special. 

kfTN4s3.jpg

WORST:

1. Panthers - Lions: This game should have looked pretty good. It didn't. 

fe44ltk.jpg

2. Bengals - Ravens: When the Bengals are the best looking team on the field, you know it's gotta be a trainwreck of a match up. They were and it was. 

Tce6QH4.jpg

3. Broncos - Chargers: Two teams in need of a make over in the worst way. San Diego Los Angeles took bad and made it worse with the blue mono look. If the Broncos would just use the CR helmet and jersey and add some white pants, they would have one of the best looks in the league. The Chargers could do the same thing by going back to literally any set before this current one.

drlZhfl.jpg

That's it for this week. I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving. We'll do it all again next week. Thanks for dropping by. 

BB52Big.jpg

I was SO glad the Falcons busted out the “throwbacks” against the Cowboys. That was one of those teams I always thought they would look fantastic against, and they sure did. Absolutely loved the look of that game. 

I’m pleased to see the Saints busting out the color rush more. Though I’m not holding my breath, I’d really like to believe they’re mulling that look as a full-time option. 

That Washington throwback is alright in a vacuum, but it just looks kinda dull for some reason when matched up against just about anyone. Just like you said, it’s “nothing special”. They should really consider bringing back the 2002 fauxbacks if they want a throwback in the rotation; that might be one of the best football uniforms ever and looked great against just about everyone. 

EDIT: Oh hey look at that, Washington actually did wear the fauxbacks against the Texans in 2002. And it indeed looked really great.

ap-texans-redskins.jpg?w=660

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

•  I describe the Falcons’ uniforms as “faux backs”.

•  You don’t feel that the Jaguars need to burn their black pants? 

•  Not gonna lie – I thought the Bengals/Ravens game would be your worst look because they both were black pants. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

That Washington throwback is alright in a vacuum, but it just looks kinda dull for some reason when matched up against just about anyone. Just like you said, it’s “nothing special”. They should really consider bringing back the 2002 fauxbacks if they want a throwback in the rotation; that might be one of the best football uniforms ever and looked great against just about everyone. 

EDIT: Oh hey look at that, Washington actually did wear the fauxbacks against the Texans in 2002. And it indeed looked really great.

Not only do I miss those beautiful uniforms, but I miss the Texans wearing red socks. So simple, but it makes a huge difference.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Chawls said:

•  I describe the Falcons’ uniforms as “faux backs”.

•  You don’t feel that the Jaguars need to burn their black pants? 

•  Not gonna lie – I thought the Bengals/Ravens game would be your worst look because they both were black pants. 

Do you normally lie about these things? B) It's not that I don't like black pants in general, it's that I don't like them when the Saints and Ravens wear them. If the Saints went back to the black pants with the gold and white stripes, that wouldn't look bad. Anyway, I think you're under the impression that I just hate all black pants. That's not the case. 

BB52Big.jpg

On 11/22/2018 at 12:31 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

They should really consider bringing back the 2002 fauxbacks if they want a throwback in the rotation; that might be one of the best football uniforms ever and looked great against just about everyone. 

That Redskins uniform just might be my all time favorite NFL uniform. That look is about as close to perfect as it gets. 

BB52Big.jpg

That color is so much better than what they wear now.  It's certainly not a perfect uniform, but would make a great base to start with while planning a redesign.

Not sure if they could go with the spears though, as (right or wrong), those have been primarily associated with Florida State since at least the '90s, maybe even '80s, and countless HS teams already use them, so it would be a very hard trademark to defend.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived