SportsLogos.Net News

Atlantic Schooners Announced as Name of New CFL Team

They made the only choice they could make. Schooners was a no brainer. Hard to get excited about a team that technically doesn’t exist though. If they do make it I hope they incorporate purple as a primary color. It’s the one major color that doesn’t exist in the league.

My vote is for a teal, brown, and white colour scheme. Teal for the ocean, brown for the ship, white for the sails. It's also pretty unique in sports; I remember seeing a baseball team with that scheme (a college team?) and it looked pretty good.

11 hours ago, G-tron said:

My vote is for a teal, brown, and white colour scheme. Teal for the ocean, brown for the ship, white for the sails. It's also pretty unique in sports; I remember seeing a baseball team with that scheme (a college team?) and it looked pretty good.

The Bluenose is black, not brown.  Most schooners were painted.  

21 minutes ago, steve61 said:

The Bluenose is black, not brown.  Most schooners were painted.  

Ya got me, I'm more just making up random marketing speak to get a colour scheme I want to see haha. There are four black teams in the league, so forget that! Upon Google Image searching "schooner", I see some brown in there.

21 hours ago, M4One said:

The league is expanding, though.  Everything is conditional on the stadium.

Unless they don’t get a stadium. 

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

while the gag has been beaten to death, the obvious answer is for them to have the first 'magic eye' logo, and maybe even helmet:

mallrats-magiceye.jpg?resize=477,277

I hate that any time you say "schooner" online, some unfunny person has to immediately Mallrats-reference the word. It's not a deep cut; it's the most obvious joke you could possibly make and everyone always does.

This would have been funnier:

Because it's probably the only movie that feature Sega Saturn gameplay footage (and sound effects from NHL 94!). The rest, whatever.

On 11/24/2018 at 10:18 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah but the league was definitely expanding and one of those bids was guaranteed a team. 

Looks like the Sailboats are proclaiming themselves the next team, when the league hasn’t even said they’re expanding. 

It’s like me telling everyone I’m engaged to Mila Kunis, though we haven’t met yet and she’s technically still married. I’m sure she’d fall for me if we were to meet though. 

Canadian football does it the other way around, it's one of the little differences that makes the league great, like the rouge. (I still don't know what a rouge is.)

22 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

I hate that any time you say "schooner" online, some unfunny person has to immediately Mallrats-reference the word. It's not a deep cut; it's the most obvious joke you could possibly make and everyone always does.

I believe we went meta on it and started linking to a search result of all the times we've made the Mallrats reference. It's one of the little differences that makes the board great, like the politics ban. (I still don't know what the politics ban is.)

16 hours ago, G-tron said:

That could be interesting; the closest example I can think of in pro sports is the Vancouver Grizzlies (sans red of course)

grizzles.jpg-.jpg

2 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Unless they don’t get a stadium. 

Then it's really Schooners 2.0.

7 minutes ago, M4One said:

Everyone let the Stampeders know, red helmet = Grey Cup Champions, black helmet = losers.

I feel like the stamps ownership are the only ones who haven't figured this out yet, 0-3 in black helmets, 2-0 in red helmets since they started wearing black helmets... it's a joke. The stampeders belong in red

On 11/25/2018 at 2:47 PM, Kaz said:

That could be interesting; the closest example I can think of in pro sports is the Vancouver Grizzlies (sans red of course)

Funny enough, I'm from Vancouver, own that Grizzlies jersey, but hadn't thought of that comparison. Good example though. I was more thinking along the lines of the Cleveland Browns' shade of brown (so quite a bit darker) and having the teal fairly light. So, something like this:

DtEAaMcVAAAGhff.jpg

Anyone else think that logo should have a straight line on the bottom? It’s supposed to be an A but it looks more like a Cyrillic Д.