Raptorman415

Coop paints the CFL

Recommended Posts

Welcome and Enjoy!

 

2757__canadian_football_league-primary-2

I'm a huge CFL fan. With the Grey Cup this weekend, and the unveiling of the newly named Atlantic Schooners, I thought it would be a good time to unveil what I've been working on for quite some time now. Using this site,Trucolor.net, and fan opinions, I tried to put together how I believe the CFL would look if I were in charge...and could only use paint.  I start alphabetically, with the Atlantic Schooners.

 

Atlantic Schooners

  Alogo_zpstvr1ccyq.jpg

Thanks to @BenjiJ for cleaning up this logo.

The Schooners have just been announced as the team name for the new team set to play in 2021. Flashback to a couple of months ago while I was on and off while working on this project, I took the color codes from Trucolor and logo of the original team and put my spin on how the failed attempt at bringing football to the Atlantic Coast of Canada would look today if they had played.

 

Uniforms:

Home and Away:

Atlantic_Schooners_zpsiqjm0gka.png

Alternates:

Atlantic_Schooners-Alternate1_zpsjjfkgmt

Atlantic_Schooners-Alternate2_zpskonpdyh

Atlantic_Schooners-alternate3_zpstlguvpq

I hope you all enjoy the beginning to this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would brighten the navy, maybe prioritize it, think seahawks, or darker the green a bit and brighten the navy still, and priotize it. A blue and green team would be really nice for the cfl and for halifax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I would brighten the navy, maybe prioritize it, think seahawks, or darker the green a bit and brighten the navy still, and priotize it. A blue and green team would be really nice for the cfl and for halifax

 

  So I took the Seahawks color scheme and added it to the current set and I gotta say, this is the way to go.

 

Atlantic_Schooners_Alt_Take_zpsbnc0e8qp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Raptorman415 said:

 

  So I took the Seahawks color scheme and added it to the current set and I gotta say, this is the way to go.

 

Atlantic_Schooners_Alt_Take_zpsbnc0e8qp.

Try a navy helmet, grey seems out of place and random

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not as on board with the team being blue or navy blue primarily because the Argos, Blue Bombers, and Alouettes (in 2019) will be be blue dominant. And then you have the Riders and Eskimos as green dominant. Is there any reason why you chose green? I like grey because no one uses it right now, but as BellaSpurs mentioned, it feels out of place and should be incorporated with the rest of the uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the latest version, on the right, where the navy/black color is dominant and with the almost seafoam green.

 

I think you could make the pants silver, as the silver currently feels out of place (as others say).

 

An interesting take on the Schooners!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd go a different direction: make the green Kelly or similar, have it be primary, then use grey and navy blue as accent colors. Like, the latest concept there, make the pants grey along with the helmet, and then have blue and green trade places. Dark blue is already way too common in pretty much every sport and league in existence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, G-tron said:

I'm not as on board with the team being blue or navy blue primarily because the Argos, Blue Bombers, and Alouettes (in 2019) will be be blue dominant. And then you have the Riders and Eskimos as green dominant. Is there any reason why you chose green? I like grey because no one uses it right now, but as BellaSpurs mentioned, it feels out of place and should be incorporated with the rest of the uniform.

  I took the primary colors from Trucolor and worked them around in the uniform. Maritime Blue was the primary according to the site, Nautical Brass was secondary, and Silver was tertiary. I used Silver as a helmet color because no team uses it so I thought it would be something new. 

 

19 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Try a navy helmet, grey seems out of place and random

 

17 hours ago, vtgco said:

I like the latest version, on the right, where the navy/black color is dominant and with the almost seafoam green.

 

I think you could make the pants silver, as the silver currently feels out of place (as others say).

 

An interesting take on the Schooners!

 

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I'd go a different direction: make the green Kelly or similar, have it be primary, then use grey and navy blue as accent colors. Like, the latest concept there, make the pants grey along with the helmet, and then have blue and green trade places. Dark blue is already way too common in pretty much every sport and league in existence.

   I've taken all of your suggestions into consideration. Which do we all think is best? 1, 2, or 3 

Atlantic_Schooners_Alt_Take_zpsyma7oq1i.

I hope everyone enjoys the Grey Cup tonight. I know I will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Hope everyone had a good weekend. I've taken some time to listen to you guys/gals's advice and changed the green to the original shade. Here's what I'm considering the final version/update to everyone's favorite CFL that doesn't exist.

(All Parts of uniform are interchangeable with one another)

 

Atlantic_Schooners_Alt_Take_zpsdfazh8l2.

  Anyway's, next up are those Big Cats from British Columbia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Howdy everyone, I'm with the the BC Lions

1dgwagsp9mjfzlrupgt15fsg1g_zpstrjkvgom.p

  I took a little liberty's with the Lions. I started with the 1964 look and put somewhat of a modern twist on it. I believe that the full lion on the helmet was a cool concept, just poorly executed for the Lions. So here is BC.

BC Lions

BC_Lions_zpsb4fodewj.png 

  All pants and jersey's are interchangeable.

C&C as always

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BC looks good, I do have a few suggestions however.

 

First of all the helmet; I think that having the stripe down the middle and the full lion would be too busy, if you really do want to keep it I would suggest making it one solid color like the ones used by the team currently.

 

Along those same lines I would suggest simplifying the stripes, the rest of the uniform is cohesive and block colored, so having the stripes be orange and white just look off, I think just removing the white leaving just orange would make it all more cohesive.

 

And finally the helmet logo, I like that you kept the big cat, but removing the lines makes it look very... boring, don't get me wrong, the stripes on the current one don't look great, but having  a detailed head with just a flat orange body looks very off to me, maybe adding some detail or going back to the stripes in the body would help with that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Raptorman415 said:

  Howdy everyone, I'm with the the BC Lions

1dgwagsp9mjfzlrupgt15fsg1g_zpstrjkvgom.p

  I took a little liberty's with the Lions. I started with the 1964 look and put somewhat of a modern twist on it. I believe that the full lion on the helmet was a cool concept, just poorly executed for the Lions. So here is BC.

BC Lions

BC_Lions_zpsb4fodewj.png 

  All pants and jersey's are interchangeable.

C&C as always

Try a white numbers with a outline 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  I was just thinking about this thread and decided I would finish it. Starting with the long overdue, redo version of the BC Lions.

 

BC_Lions_zpsifzbcjmx.png

I changed the helmet logo to the paw print and that's pretty much it.

Next,the Calgary Stampeders.

Calgary%20Stampeders_Grey_zpsunmcyzhc.pn

Calgary%20Stampeders_Grey_Pants_zpsdvubqCalgary%20Stampeders_Red_Pants_zps3dcekx

Went with the grey because it looks better. The shoulder stripes are somewhat of a throwback to the 1949 Stamps.

Next, The Edmonton Eskimos

Edmonton%20Eskimos_zpsqbyxlljl.png

Edmonton%20Eskimos_Rivalry_Game_zpso0uvb

Thought my team would look better with more stripes like how it used to be before the adidas rebrand.

Next, Hamilton Tiger-Cats:

Hamilton%20Tiger_Cats_zpsxmvlh4dc.png

Hamilton%20Tiger_Cats-Alternate3_zpsrkl5

Hamilton%20Tiger_Cats-Alternate1_zpszytp

 

Hamilton%20Tiger_Cats-Alternate2_zpsn9vc

A Labour Day Special jersey

Hamilton%20Tiger_Cats-Throwback_zpss1p6v

Personally I think it would be fun the Ti-Cats had two helmets.

That's half. I'll post the rest when I have time so stay tuned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a long break, I'm back to finish this.

 

Montreal Alouettes

Montreal%20Alouettes_zps870e2eyy.png

Montreal%20Alouettes-Alternate1_zpszdjg2

Montreal%20Alouettes-Alternate2_zpsajfdn

A little Thanksgiving game set, like the Lions

Montreal%20Alouettes-Throwback_zpskyse6o

Ottawa Redblacks

Ottawa%20Redblacks-Alternate2_zpstwzbpdn

Ottawa%20Redblacks_zps0gntmwrb.png

Ottawa%20Redblacks-Alternate3_zpspejrjpr

Ottawa%20Redblacks-Alternate_zpsjb1tptpk

Saskatchewan Roughriders

Saskatchewan_Roughriders_zps5zssnxf9.png

Saskatchewan_Roughriders_alternate_zpscg

Labour Day special

Saskatchewan_Roughriders_throwback_zpspx

Toronto Argonauts-I made them bring back the full body argo logo just recoloured.

Toronto%20Argonauts_zpsq4hy69xz.png

Toronto%20Argonauts-Alternate_zpsyccz8ls

Toronto%20Argonauts-Alternate2_zpskw2tgd

Labour Day Special

Toronto%20Argonauts-Throwback_zpsnr6oq6p

 

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

Winnipeg_Blue_Bombers_zpssms8bfaf.png

Labour Day special

Winnipeg_Blue_Bombers_throwback_zpsn5ypy

 

That's all I got for my redesign of the CFL. Hope you all enjoy.CFL_Helmets_zpsg3lquaxu.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Argonauts are by far my favorite out of them all, I really like the RedBlacks and Stallions as well. Good job all around!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.