MLS | Expansion Team Maine Marauders FC Logo Set

Go Red Sox!

I think that the fine folks in Maine should have their own MLS expansion franchise in the next years, so the largest city, Portland, could actually become the latest homestead in the league.

So, here are the Maine Maurauders FC:

Maine-Maurauders-FC-logo-package.png

Maine-Maurauders-FC-primary-logo.png

Maine-Maurauders-FC-secondary-logo.png

Maine-Maurauders-FC-alternate-logo.png

Maine-Maurauders-FC-wordmark-logo.png

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

While I’m not a big fan of the Marauders being there, as in Maine Marauders FC, (along with the rest of them) the logos look amazing. I love the font, and the colors! I think the M sword logo is the best out of the bunch, but the crest is really well made aswell. Maine getting a professional team would be a cool idea.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Two part review here. First off, the execution is great as well as the color scheme. I might suggest swapping Marauders for Maine in the logo, but that's just my opinion.

Secondly, what makes Maine a good location for an MLS team, and why should that franchise be the Marauders? Would love to hear your pitch for the concept as well. Colors are definitely what I imagine when I think of Maine, so no real need to explain them.

Great work!

An interesting idea here!

Cool name; it matches the local Mariners and Sea Dogs theme well.

The colors (while kinda common in MLS) are really nice. The crest is really well done, with a fun and unique font.

My only complaint is the Dirigo star's placement suggests a championship; perhaps there's a way to put it on the shield?

I don't see MLS ever adding a team in Maine, but certainly this would make a fine addition to the USL (maybe as a Revs-affilliate)! Good work!

@BellaSpurs: Thank you! Much appreciated!

@bucknut42: Thank you! Not sure about the uniforms yet (as usual). 50/50 chance we'll see some (as usual).

@HoopsCoach55: Thanks a lot. I'm almost 100% sure that they love their soccer up there in Maine (Mariners, SeaDogs), so an MLS team could be a potential goal someday. People theoretically could come from Lewiston, Bangor, Auburn, Augusta, of course from Portland, and even from Boston, which is 100 miles away, in order to attend home games. Just think of die-hard Packer fans who travel 119 miles from Milwaukee to cheer for their team at Lambeau. I decided to use the team name "MARAUDERS" instead of "MAINE", while the "M" was intended to be that logo that creates enough value of brand recognition, representing "MAINE" as well as "MARAUDERS".

@vtcgo: Thanks! The star is a tiny homage to the star in the Maine state flag, although it doesn't exactly look like the one that's used in the flag (I left the rays out, would have been too much). You're right. The Whitecaps, Sporting KC and New City FC (minus orange) are all using the navy-medium/light blue color scheme, but I just couldn't resist. I didn't want to add a warm color, since I associate the state of Maine with cold colors (sea, weather during winter, storms, etc.)

@KRZYBDGRZ: Thanks a lot! Nope. Any resemblance with that color scheme of University of Maine was purely coincidental.

@Zeus89725: Thanks! Much appreciated.

@jaha32: Thanks a lot! It's always special to get positive feedback from a designer like you! Much appreciated.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

As a Mainer living in exile, I approve of all of this... yes, yes, yes.. in fact they could convert the football stadium next to Hadlock Field into a soccer stadium. 

mainescarf.png

20 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Excellent execution, but man that is a lot of blues. It's honestly overwhelming.

Thanks, seasaltvanilla. So...you're already feeling cold? 🤧

20 hours ago, SNBSlugger said:

As a Mainer living in exile, I approve of all of this... yes, yes, yes.. in fact they could convert the football stadium next to Hadlock Field into a soccer stadium. 

Thanks a lot, SNBSlugger! Good to know that a Mainer approves...

Archived