Update to No Politics rule

1 hour ago, DDR said:

Is this about me saying Sami Zayn should win the 2017 Royal Rumble? 

Yes.  I don't believe in progressive booking and distribution of belts.  The "internet left" is killing wrestling.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Can I at least get a mod on record saying we can still discuss Glendale city council meetings?

👍

The main thing?  Don't bring up something political that will devolve into an us vs. them flame war.  City council meetings?  Stadium funding?  Those are relevant.  PC culture in uniforms?  Crosses the line.

VmWIn6B.png

1 hour ago, LMU said:

👍

The main thing?  Don't bring up something political that will devolve into an us vs. them flame war.  City council meetings?  Stadium funding?  Those are relevant.  PC culture in uniforms?  Crosses the line.

What about the campaign logo threads? Based on the wording of the rule it seems like they would fall under the banned threads, but the main idea of the them does fall under the purview of the general design forum.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

36 minutes ago, DDR said:

I don't know, I feel like we can forge ahead without discussing campaign logos. 

I think we've done a fairly good job in the past of keeping campaign logo discussions on the topic of design itself, rather than on politics. There's obviously random exceptions to that where someone throws in a gratuitous political comment, but I think as long as that's fairly discouraged, we can discuss campaign logos like adults.

I certainly hope we're able to still discuss that, because we're about to get a slew of them over the next 6-7 months.

19 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

If the ban is going this far it should also include a ban on discussion of any Native American-themed teams' aesthetics.

Just ban anyone who's not mature enough to carry on said discussion.  Discussion of team aesthetics is the very purpose of this board and the reason some of us joined more than (jesus christ - it really has been) 14 years ago.  There's a process in place to deal with people that put the board's mission at risk.  They should be eliminated - the mission should not be changed.  We do not negotiate with terrorists.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Just ban anyone who's not mature enough to carry on said discussion.  Discussion of team aesthetics is the very purpose of this board and the reason some of us joined more than (jesus christ - it really has been) 14 years ago.  There's a process in place to deal with people that put the board's mission at risk.  They should be eliminated - the mission should not be changed.  We do not negotiate with terrorists.

This would be ideal. I joined eight years ago for the same reasons. People should be able to talk about Native-themed identities respectfully. But if we can’t criticize them, we shouldn’t be allowed to really comment on them otherwise at all. 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

On 11/24/2018 at 10:20 PM, the admiral said:

Everything is politics

I hope this song is in the new Lego movie.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

18 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

This would be ideal. I joined eight years ago for the same reasons. People should be able to talk about Native-themed identities respectfully. But if we can’t criticize them, we shouldn’t be allowed to really comment on them otherwise at all. 

Yup, but it's been proven that HERE isn't the place where that happens, so it isn't allowed.  

I don't understand how this is so difficult for people to get.

It's where I sit.

43 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Yup, but it's been proven that HERE isn't the place where that happens, so it isn't allowed.  

I don't understand how this is so difficult for people to get. 

Because it's generally one or three people who ruin it for everyone. Nuance can exist.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Because it's generally one or three people who ruin it for everyone. Nuance can exist.

Maybe. But there have been more than one or three people who have been banned from here for not understanding said nuance.

Maybe that means that this isn't the place, and that those of us who are drawn to sports logos don't get that line to not cross.

It's where I sit.

The policy has been tweaked.

Posts and topics of a political nature or referring to politics, whether explicitly or implicitly, that are not relevant to the topics of sports or graphic design are expressly prohibited on the CCSLC. This includes but is not limited to: jokes; links to news stories; concepts depicting current or recent political figures or using partisan political symbols; or any other content the moderating team deems to be of a politically incendiary nature. Such content also may not be used in members' signatures, user titles, avatars or profiles. Posts and topics referring to politics that are relevant to sports of graphic design must not be overly partisan or incendiary.

VmWIn6B.png

14 minutes ago, LMU said:

Posts and topics of a political nature or referring to politics, whether explicitly or implicitly, that are not relevant to the topics of sports or graphic design are expressly prohibited on the CCSLC. This includes but is not limited to: jokes; links to news stories; concepts depicting current or recent political figures or using partisan political symbols; or any other content the moderating team deems to be of a politically incendiary nature. Such content also may not be used in members' signatures, user titles, avatars or profiles. Posts and topics referring to politics that are relevant to sports of graphic design must not be overly partisan or incendiary.

This is in response to some of the feedback we heard in this thread. Hopefully this will allow for discussion of debates around civic governments and stadium funding, as well as around campaign logos.

3 hours ago, LMU said:

Posts and topics of a political nature or referring to politics, whether explicitly or implicitly, that are not relevant to the topics of sports or graphic design are expressly prohibited on the CCSLC. This includes but is not limited to: jokes; links to news stories; concepts depicting current or recent political figures or using partisan political symbols; or any other content the moderating team deems to be of a politically incendiary nature. Such content also may not be used in members' signatures, user titles, avatars or profiles. Posts and topics referring to politics that are relevant to sports of or graphic design must not be overly partisan or incendiary.

I'm pedantic.  Is the bolded  what you meant?

15 minutes ago, tp49 said:

I'm pedantic.  Is the bolded  what you meant?

6 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Haha! Yes, it is. Good catch.

Don't shoot the messenger.  I just copied and pasted what Glenn came up with. 😎

VmWIn6B.png

Archived