Uniforms With Different Colored Helmets, Jerseys and Pants

Eichs15

I’m a believer that the best uniforms have 3 different colored “components”, most notably in football.

Some of my favorites are the 80s Chargers and 00s Browns.

Cleveland-Browns-2012-2013-Home-Jersey-U

USATSI_5361736_medium.jpg

What are some other examples? Could be for any other sport at any other level too!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This theory has been talked about on the boards forever.

Some three-part uniforms hold up fine.

aara052.jpg

Others look like crap.

0ap3000000607188.jpg

It really depends on several factors.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, Eichs15 said:

I’m a believer that the best uniforms have 3 different colored “components”, most notably in football.

Some of my favorites are the 80s Chargers and 00s Browns.

Cleveland-Browns-2012-2013-Home-Jersey-U

USATSI_5361736_medium.jpg

What are some other examples? Could be for any other sport at any other level too!

I love those Browns jerseys and absolutely despise they went away from them. I wouldn't say all uniforms with less than 3 elements of color are bad, but I will say I prefer at least 2 to monochrome. I think only football really has this opportunity though, because basketball only really has 2 parts, and baseball pants are always either white or grey. Not sure about hockey though.

Atlanta-Falcons.jpg

I love these Falcons uniforms though, and another great example is my high school's football jerseys.

55e202093f30e.image.jpg?resize=500,700

It can work when either pants or jersey are white. Maybe if pants are silver or gray. 

Cant think of too many (if any) exceptions. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

It can work when either pants or jersey are white. Maybe if pants are silver or gray. 

Cant think of too many (if any) exceptions. 

I absolutely agree, as I can't even think of any besides the atrocious Ravens garb there of a 3 color uniform without white in it. 

The original JAX uniforms were great.  Black - Teal - White looked amazing. 

JaguarsInset.jpg?d=a0

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

72796261_original.jpg?1292474469

That one just doesn't work for me.  The flat red jersey just looks too out of place up against the shiny metallic blue helmet, and the whole set just doesn't work as a cohesive uniform.  Maybe if there was some blue in the jersey it would be better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Titans used to looked horrible when they'd go white helmet, light blue jersey, navy pants, or navy jersey, light blue pants. Same goes for the Ravens mustard pants look (but those pants just sucked on their own.)

I think it only works if the jersey or pants are white as someone said above.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

That one just doesn't work for me.  The flat red jersey just looks too out of place up against the shiny metallic blue helmet, and the whole set just doesn't work as a cohesive uniform.  Maybe if there was some blue in the jersey it would be better.

Not much more out of place than their normal road sets.

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

The Titans used to looked horrible when they'd go white helmet, light blue jersey, navy pants, or navy jersey, light blue pants. Same goes for the Ravens mustard pants look (but those pants just sucked on their own.)

I think it only works if the jersey or pants are white as someone said above.

That... "someone" was me.  Acknowledge me.  Say my name.

Do "road uniforms" really count, though? Look it: the Rams example up above, the Steelers are another example. Some have pointed out the Giants. When they choose gray pants, there's also the Seattle Seahawks. Although I guess this is really kinda splitting hairs, as well...

...Anyway, this is the very first team I thought of when I saw the thread title:

usatsi_10376550.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived