Tampa Bay Times Sports editorial: Save us from the Buccaneers’ hideous uniforms

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

I liked the original colors and uniforms - at the time the team was actually wearing them. I didn't suddenly think "hey, now that he's gone, I kinda liked Bucco Bruce" after the first uniform change. So am I misremembering or am I straight up lying? 

The majority of fans at that time had grown tired of them. They signified losing for far too long.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

The majority of fans at that time had grown tired of them. They signified losing for far too long.

No idea what that has to do with whether or not I liked the Bucco Bruce look or I'm lying about it, but OK. That aside, even if what you're saying was the case, it still doesn't mean that no one ever really liked that look. 

BB52Big.jpg

3 hours ago, infrared41 said:

No idea what that has to do with whether or not I liked the Bucco Bruce look or I'm lying about it, but OK. That aside, even if what you're saying was the case, it still doesn't mean that no one ever really liked that look. 

Think he meant the majority of people not literally everyone is all I meant.

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

These were genuine modern classics. 

Josh+Freeman+Houston+Texans+v+Tampa+Bay+

Ugh I miss this uniforms so much. I remember playing as the Bucs in Madden solely because their uniforms were so great.  

10 minutes ago, Pengin. said:

Ugh I miss this uniforms so much. I remember playing as the Bucs in Madden solely because their uniforms were so great.  

I think it did for a while too (that and being able to run Mike Alstott at the goal line). 

They could be wonderfully bright to look at. Brilliant scarlet at home with the pewter shining. I loved the all-whites too, especially early in the season. 

1 hour ago, daniel75 said:

Meanwhile the current Nike alarm clock look is clearly associated with championship-quality football. 

11 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I will never understand why the team chose to get rid of those uniforms. Every combo in that set looked great. And then someone saw the current set and said “yeah, these are better than what we’re currently wearing.”  It’s hard to believe someone thought that, but they did. When you consider the difference between the old set and the current set, this has to be the biggest uniform downgrade in NFL history, right?

BB52Big.jpg

14 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

This is one of the most overrated uniforms ever. I liked it when it first came out but it got old to me after several years. I just don't think it's as good as everyone says it is especially when it lacks the one color (orange) that everyone wants from this team.

bSLCtu2.png

13 hours ago, Olmec said:

I don't have the graphic design skills but in my head there is a way to make the white helmet on the top right and the Creamsicle into great cohesive look

Screen-Shot-2014-02-21-at-3.48.23-PM-600

Here's another:

AR-140219144.jpg?MaxW=950&cachebuster=67

This photoshop a found is a start:

tumblr_pj07iq4k491u7t2opo1_1280.jpg

The Bucs and Browns are still the worst offenders. They had perfectly fine uniforms before Nike got their hands on it. Those Bucs uniforms represented the best era in franchise history. They’re still one of my favorite football uniforms ever. 

The digital clock uniforms were bad when they were first revealed. It’s wasn’t something that took a while for people to realize. I remember people calling them “arena football jerseys”. 

I don’t want a tweak because there’s nothing saving these uniforms. They have exactly ZERO redeeming qualities. 

XM4KeeA.png

Archived