Tampa Bay Times Sports editorial: Save us from the Buccaneers’ hideous uniforms

25 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

The non-black helmet is more than enough to distinguish the two teams.

Again, talking broadcast booth level. If you glance quickly at a game broadcast and see the above combo, it looks like the Falcons (especially when they play indoors). All I’m saying is that red jersey/white pants isn’t a great choice for them. They need to wear pewter pants if they’re going to wear a red jersey.

Would you let the Ravens wear their black jerseys and gold pants together? Of course not.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Again, talking broadcast booth level. If you glance quickly at a game broadcast and see the above combo, it looks like the Falcons (especially when they play indoors). All I’m saying is that red jersey/white pants isn’t a great choice for them. They need to wear pewter pants if they’re going to wear a red jersey.

Would you let the Ravens wear their black jerseys and gold pants together? Of course not.

Right, and I'm saying that they do not look like the Falcons from a quick glance at the broadcast booth level. Do you think that for the 49ers white pants look? Chiefs?

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

On 12/14/2018 at 7:44 AM, DeFrank said:

Right, and I'm saying that they do not look like the Falcons from a quick glance at the broadcast booth level. Do you think that for the 49ers white pants look? Chiefs?

I wouldn’t say so. The Bucs’ charcoal/pewter/cannonball grey lid looks much more black, especially in indoor or nighttime lighting, than a bright gold or red helmet does.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

I wouldn’t say so. The Bucs’ charcoal/pewter/cannonball grey lid looks much more black, especially in indoor or nighttime lighting, than a bright gold or red helmet does.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers v Atlanta Falcons : News Photo

Idk. If anything, that dark pewter color (sludge) on the uniform makes them look closer to the Falcons than the pewter helmet. Get rid of all that sludge on the uniform, and limit the pewter to the helmet and trim.

On 12/14/2018 at 9:52 AM, andrewharrington said:

This was all true in 1997, but it has little bearing on how to best brand the Bucs in 2020.

The current look isn’t how you should be branding the Bucs in 2020 either. 

Archived