infrared41's Best and Worst - NFL 2018 Week 12

infrared41

Thanks to a bunch of teams deciding to wear their Color Rush uniforms, we were treated to another less than stellar week of uniform match ups. There wasn't much to work with, but there were a few decent looking games. As always, the lists are just my opinion. Your opinion may be different than mine and that's perfectly fine. All I ask is that we keep the conversation civil and limited to the uniforms. On with the show...

BEST

1. Packers - Vikings: After seeing so many botched match ups in the afternoon games, I was worried that the Vikings would go all purple for the Sunday Night game. They didn't and we ended up with what was easily the best looking game of the week.  

XJazSzY.jpgsyGoiGM.jpg

2. Redskins - Cowboys: I was a little surprised that Dallas didn't go with the blue jerseys for the Thanksgiving game. We've seen this uniform match up many, many times and it still looks good. 

dVUaC1J.jpg

3. Bears - Lions: I know a lot of people love this Lions throwback look. It's OK, but it's not one of my favorites. I really wish the Bears would have done the throwback look too and gone all white for this one. 

HMxaLmE.jpg

Thanks for botching what should have been a decent looking game...

Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles:

bnJkPPD.jpg

Baltimore Ravens:

FLLSqoC.jpg

Jacksonville Jaguars:

Uy0XMbZ.jpg

New York Jets:

s82Xi2j.jpg

Halfway to perfect:

Denver Broncos: The helmet and jersey are huge upgrades over the current set. Add a pair of white pants, a blue alternate jersey,  promise to never wear the orange monochrome look, and you have a top tier NFL uniform. Who do I need to call to make this happen? 

tMpNFAD.jpgq20lLWW.jpg

Worst

1. Falcons - Saints: I've explained my issues with both of these uniforms so many times that I'm sick of hearing it. I'm sure you are too.

PWkKHHt.jpg

2. Browns - Bengals: So close yet so far away. Both uniforms are only about 3-4 tweaks from being pretty good. Until then, not so much.

bmoN3g0.jpg

That's it for this week. We'll do it all again next week. Thanks for taking a look. 

BB52Big.jpg

I'm not a fan of color vs color games, but the Bears in their orange alts would have worked well against that Detroit set.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Ark said:

The Vikings current uniforms aren't that great IMO.

I think they look really good and they are a huge upgrade over the previous set. The only thing about the Vikings current look that I'm not crazy about is the number font. That being said, in my perfect world, the Vikings are still wearing these uniforms...

DmC96hoUwAA8Oie.jpgfd4c0b0e2247d82a7afdb126e8dbeb99.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, Ark said:

The Vikings current uniforms aren't that great IMO.

I don't think they are amazing or anything, but colorwise they match up well with the Packers.   A combination of green, yellow, and purple makes a nice looking game

5 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Halfway to perfect:

Denver Broncos: The helmet and jersey are huge upgrades over the current set. Add a pair of white pants, a blue alternate jersey,  promise to never wear the orange monochrome look, and you have a top tier NFL uniform. Who do I need to call to make this happen? 

tMpNFAD.jpgq20lLWW.jpg

2. Browns - Bengals: So close yet so far away. Both uniforms are only about 3-4 tweaks from being pretty good. Until then, not so much.

bmoN3g0.jpg

The Broncos' color rush are almost so great. The only issue? Being color rush-ified. If Denver decided to get wild and follow the wishes of Football Deity John Elway and bring that look back, I really hope they would have orange numbers on the road set. One of the things that always bothered me about the old (and current) Denver set is that they go from being an orange team at home to a blue team on the road. I have a similar issue with Georgia having black numbers on their road jerseys.

The Bengals and Browns are two teams that should look so much better. It always cracks me up how the Browns Maybe Possibly Changing Soon thread is filled with posts about how they only need to change a few things, which is followed up by 12 bullet points. They both feel so close to being right, yet realistically they're actually so far away.

I still think the Bengals should be an orange first team and the Browns should burn their orange and brown pants.

7 hours ago, infrared41 said:

I think they look really good and they are a huge upgrade over the previous set. The only thing about the Vikings current look that I'm not crazy about is the number font. That being said, in my perfect world, the Vikings are still wearing these uniforms...

This.  A thousand times this.

. . . plus get rid of the boat/sail imitation on the current sleeve stripe and make it a straight stripe.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

19 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Personally, the 1961-1968 set is better that the 1970-1995 for one reason, the Home Uniform. The old one had the numbers outlined in Gold, and it is kind of weird having the Stripes have outlines but not the numbers. The Away set, no complaints. Both of them have their own merits.  I really liked the mis-matched Home/Away thing we had from 1970-2005. The '61-'68 set is also the only Vikings set to ever have sock stripes. Fun Fact: While I was getting the images, I noticed that the 1969 Vikings set was VERY Mismatched. It had the 1961-1968 Home Uniform with the Gold Outline on the numbers, and the 1969-1995 Away Uniform with the looping shoulder stripes.

da0Lbhs.png

20 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

It always cracks me up how the Browns Maybe Possibly Changing Soon thread is filled with posts about how they only need to change a few things, which is followed up by 12 bullet points.

I can do it in three for each team. 

Browns:

1. Lose the leg word mark for a full stripe. 
  2. Limit the sleeve stripes to, you know, the sleeves.
  3. Lose the Cleveland word mark on the front of the jersey. 

Bengals:

1. Lose the side panels on the jersey.
  2. Go back to a full pants stripe.
  3. Lose the orange toilet collar. 

Done. 

BB52Big.jpg

36 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

I can't be the only one who thinks that Baltimore color rush set looks better than their regular stuff.

I think the CR scheme has some potential, but as it stands, it's not better than the primary stuff. 

BB52Big.jpg

Current Vikings set wouldn't work well with outlined numbers.  If they'd get rid of the "sail" gimmick, it'd be a really solid jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I was busy during the Bills game, and didn’t actually get to watch until the fourth quarter. I was kicking myself, because I heard the chatter about Bills-Dolphins throwbacks on the boards and I thought I was missing it. It was a real boat floater when I saw the all-black Jags instead.

9 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Browns:

Bengals:

1. Lose the side panels on the jersey.
  2. Go back to a full pants stripe.
  3. Lose the orange toilet collar. 

Done. 

This.  A thousand times this . . . though I can live with the Cleveland wordmark if necessary.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

15 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Browns:

Replace 3. with changing the numbers to solid white on the brown jerseys and vice-versa. I could live with the chest wordmark if they looked like this.

58da4f6e79d8f_ScreenShot2017-03-28at7_56

16 hours ago, Ark said:

I agree that the numbers should be outlined in yellow and they should have sock stripes, but they need to bring back this facemask

6eK4ob4.jpg

A yellow number outline wouldn’t really help here; white eats yellow, which is made clear by how little power the yellow has on the sleeves. Keep the numbers, but make the northwestern stripe go simply Y-P-W-P-Y instead of that outlining business, more similar to the current treatment. Mmmmm.

Archived