Men's Coxless Fours Finals

uncle_wiggily

Holy crap! I was just watching the rowing final, it was a tremendous battle between Great Britain and Canada, with Great Britain winning by 0.08 seconds!! It came down to a photo finish. Congratulations to the boys from Britain and Canada on an amazing race! :flagcanada:flagukingdom.gif

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

is all I can say!

Mathew Pinsent now has gold medals in 4 olympics, only his old partner Sir Steve redgrave has won golds in more. Ed Coode only came into the 4 8 weeks ago after someone else had a collapsed lung! man was that good- and one of I think 4 golds britain have won today so far!! Including the equestrian gold which was eventually given to leslie Law after a decision to penalise a german was reversed and then, 2 days later reverseed again!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

"COXLESS, eh?

"Wow, I feel bad for 'em!" :(

"Terrible, just plain terrible." :sleepy:

No joke there, I just wanted someone on the board to use the word "coxless" within the context of a sentance. Now, how about using the word "cunnalingus" in a sentence here? :shocked::o:lol:

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Did anyone else giggle out loud when they saw a thread by UNCLE WIGGILY with a COXLESS reference? :shocked::D

:lol: Coxless simply refers to the fact that they don't have a person called a Cox which yells to the rowers on the boat. I believe a Cox applies to eight-man rowing.

I saw, I came, I left.

"Did anyone else giggle out loud when they saw a thread by UNCLE WIGGILY with a COXLESS reference?"  :shocked:  :D

:lol:"Coxless simply refers to the fact that they don't have a person called a Cox which yells to the rowers on the boat. I believe a Cox applies to eight-man rowing."

To be more correct, the person is known as the coxswain.

"[ian] Thorpe is joining the rowing team (return of the Awesome Foursome)."

That'd be the only way to slow him down, I guess. :lol:

"Did anyone else giggle out loud when they saw a thread by UNCLE WIGGILY with a COXLESS reference?"   :shocked::D

:lol:"Coxless simply refers to the fact that they don't have a person called a Cox which yells to the rowers on the boat. I believe a Cox applies to eight-man rowing."

To be more correct, the person is known as the coxswain.

Thanks for the info!

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived