CFL Atlantic Schooners

YYCB

The octopus is an interesting idea, but a bit over-detailed for a helmet logo. Simplify it a bit, and it could maybe work.

The ship is well-done and keeps some continuity with the old Schooners logo.

I can understand @appleclock's concern about looking like Toronto. 

Teal or seafoam green as the primary color, with navy as the secondary would look good! Throw in the gold from the anchor/old logo as an accent, if you want!

Your jersey design looks great; no complaints there! All around good work!

2 hours ago, DDR said:

The ship logo is great, but that anchor is too good to lose. Is there room for the anchor as a secondary in your set?

Schooners-4.jpg

Schooners-4b.jpg

Not sure if yellow/gold is as good as silver for an accent but thought I'd throw it out there anyway...

Oh baby, that teal with gold accents looks great! It really pops the colour. It's also a nice throwback to the original colour scheme with gold as an accent colour. And a bit of a throwback to the Sacramento Gold Miners.

IMG-2216.png

1982-Atlantic-Schooners-Invitation.jpg

On 12/5/2018 at 5:09 PM, brycew8 said:

Another variation on the teal color scheme and a new anchor logo which is also supposed to suggest a football. Also added silver highlights as one poster suggested.

01.jpg

The dark teal works quite well as the primary color with navy being the secondary.

I'd simplify the triple layered numbers, but what you have here is a good base to start off with.

On 12/6/2018 at 8:30 PM, G-tron said:

IMG-2216.png

1982-Atlantic-Schooners-Invitation.jpg

I'd love to see a modernized, "cleaned up" version of this logo. In the same style as seen in the fixing old logos thread that's being run by someone here.

Just wanted to see if pewter might work. Not really sure if it does. Will probably put this one to bed now and see if I can get some NFL ideas done that I have floating around in my head. Thanks for all the feedback!

pewter.jpg

On 12/6/2018 at 7:12 PM, brycew8 said:

Schooners-4.jpg

Schooners-4b.jpg

Not sure if yellow/gold is as good as silver for an accent but thought I'd throw it out there anyway...

I was thinking it needed a little accent in a "warm" colour, orange? Red? Yellow?? and then BAM!!!! You nail it!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome concepts brycew8!  I have to say this is my favorite.  A nod to the old colors and logo and I like the addition of the anchor logo as well!  Maybe add a little yellow into the ship logo?  Teal is perfect and the CFL needs some of that color again.

On 12/6/2018 at 5:12 PM, brycew8 said:

Schooners-4.jpg

Schooners-4b.jpg

Archived