The Freedom Football League

GDAWG

49 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

The team nicknames. Though. Are they serious? 

They are.  The Oakland Panthers will apparently have nothing to do with the animal but the Black Panther party. Florida Strong is one of the stupider names and they named one of the teams after a 70's funk band. 

Where are these teams going to play?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GDAWG, not sure however their season is after the XFL/AAF....May-August i believe. The cities that have XFL/AAF treams already im not sure where theyll play

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

Yep, have u seen their logos yet? go to their website they are available to see...what do you think of them?

I just posted the Florida Strong for kicks, to give a preview

utahpioneerssig_by_verasthebrujah-dbt6623.png.47ea1d18a023dde3cc5da14a646e53fb.png

And next question. And this assuming here right now AAF makes it to year 2.  Where will they find players? AAF supposedly has the cream of the crop nfl rejects. Then we have the XFL. This league is third in line for players. With AAFs discouraging attendance issues. I don’t see how 3 spring leagues can survive. What are these guys smoking!!

given the AAF turmoil as of late. I wonder if we see a mass exodus of their players going to the XFL. A league seemingly willing to be stand alone. Which may be a smarter move than to be bed buddies with the NFL. The next step in this spring roundabout is seeing what the XFL tv deals are like and the legitimatcy of their nicknames and uniforms. Plus the 4 remaining head coaches. Makes me wonder if they’ve pulled in an AAF coach or two and that’s the reason things have slowed down in the xfl camp merely waiting til the aaf season is over or they fold. Whichever comes first. The FFL on the other hand. I don’t like their nicknames or logos so far. Strike one already for this league in my eyes. And I thought Legends was a poor nickname. How about such tripe as Progress,Underground,Power and the worst of all. Florida Strong!!  What in the fresh springtime :censored: does that even mean??!!!  Too much ganja for Ricky perhaps....

1 hour ago, mkg74 said:

And next question. And this assuming here right now AAF makes it to year 2.  Where will they find players? AAF supposedly has the cream of the crop nfl rejects. Then we have the XFL. This league is third in line for players. With AAFs discouraging attendance issues. I don’t see how 3 spring leagues can survive. What are these guys smoking!!

given the AAF turmoil as of late. I wonder if we see a mass exodus of their players going to the XFL. A league seemingly willing to be stand alone. Which may be a smarter move than to be bed buddies with the NFL. The next step in this spring roundabout is seeing what the XFL tv deals are like and the legitimatcy of their nicknames and uniforms. Plus the 4 remaining head coaches. Makes me wonder if they’ve pulled in an AAF coach or two and that’s the reason things have slowed down in the xfl camp merely waiting til the aaf season is over or they fold. Whichever comes first. The FFL on the other hand. I don’t like their nicknames or logos so far. Strike one already for this league in my eyes. And I thought Legends was a poor nickname. How about such tripe as Progress,Underground,Power and the worst of all. Florida Strong!!  What in the fresh springtime :censored: does that even mean??!!!  Too much ganja for Ricky perhaps....

I posted an interview with the people of the Oakland Panthers last page and they mention that the league would go after players from HBCU's.  

The Oakland Panthers logo is going to spark a lot controversy, especially if the Black Power fist is on their helmet.  People are going to wonder why their helmet logo isn't a cat, like it is for Carolina.  Florida Strong is an awful name for a team.  The best name of the bunch is the Birmingham Kings. 

There better not be a team known as the Texas Revolution as there's a CIF team of the same name, playing in the same venue in Frisco where the AAF will have their title game and who's GM is Pro Football Hall of Famer Tim Brown.

Also, where are the teams going to play?  Wikipedia says that the Texas team is going to play in Austin, so where would they play in Austin?  The only realistic venue would be House Field, which seats 5,000.  Oakland would have nowhere to play after the Coliseum is gone.  They said in the interview I posted last page that they are also looking at Cal, San Jose State and Oracle, where the SF Giants play but none of those are realistic.  The only realistic stadium in OKC is Taft Stadium and they would have to share the stadium with the USL OKC Energy.  Portland?  Providence Park is a no, so maybe where Portland State is playing?  San Diego may have to go to the University of San Diego Stadium, which is another stadium under 10,000.  Another team at Legion Field?  Why?  Connecticut is probably going to play at Rentschler.  Florida?  They say it's going to be Orlando, so maybe Camping World.  Wiki says Ohio is going to play in Cleveland, which makes no sense and if the Dome is occupied in St. Louis, where are the St. Louis Independence going to play?

Looking at the logos, this league has the same problem that the XFL except pandering to the other side of the kneeling dispute.

And such, they're looking at a cap on how big they can grow a market that already looks oversaturated. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Football is entertainment. Adding any kind of politics to it is like adding a lit match to a Olympic-sized swimming pool of gasoline.

32 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Looking at the logos, this league has the same problem that the XFL except pandering to the other side of the kneeling dispute.

And such, they're looking at a cap on how big they can grow a market that already looks oversaturated. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Football is entertainment. Adding any kind of politics to it is like adding a lit match to a Olympic-sized swimming pool of gasoline.

They are still looking/asking for investors, even as low as $25K,if you go to their website.

Nothing to see here but future failure and no games played.

They also talked to "Zennie62", aka Zennie Abraham, the former Oakland city worker turned blogger/vlogger/aggregator. He was economic advisor to the Mayor Of Oakland between 1995-99. And from 1999 to 2001, headed the "Oakland Super Bowl XXXIV Bidding Committee".

Zennie was also a paid shill for Chevron back in 2011. He really wants to be attached to anything regarding sports while he is half in Oakland and half in Atlanta somehow getting official access to NFL meetings.

15 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

They expressed interest in David Irving when he retired because he wanted to smoke

2 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

I don't know if retiring early is going to save his brain in that case. 

They want their players to smoke the weed. 

Which means that they probably want Snoop Dogg as a potential investor in the league. 

8 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

They want their players to smoke the weed. 

Which means that they probably want Snoop Dogg as a potential investor in the league. 

So let me get this straight: They want their players to smoke marijuana, a drug that slows their reaction time, and think it makes for good football? 

They must've been high when they created this league.

1 minute ago, Red Comet said:

So let me get this straight: They want their players to smoke marijuana, a drug that slows their reaction time, and think it makes for good football? 

They must've been high when they created this league.

The main guy for the FFL is Ricky Williams, known for his love of weed.

Just now, GDAWG said:

The main guy for the FFL is Ricky Williams, known for his love of weed.

Makes sense now. I wouldn't have an issue with players taking CBD pills for medicinal uses but smoking isn't a good idea if you're going to play football. That's what the offseason is for.

The Oakland Panthers are going to be the most controversial of the teams in the FFL because the logo on their helmet is the black power fist.  They should have gone the safe route and just put the animal on there, but still make it different than the Carolina Panthers.  Sure, the Carolina Panthers have had some controversy over the past year, but at least their logo isn't going to rattle some people. 

49 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The logos are awful

Some of the color combos were good. And or interesting. Original. If there’s one gripe I have with the AAF is some of the teams look like NFL teams way too much. I hope the XFL goes for color combos rarely used. The XFL did good the first time around in the fashion ware department my hopes are pretty high they’ll deliver this time around. 

3 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

Some of the color combos were good. And or interesting. Original. If there’s one gripe I have with the AAF is some of the teams look like NFL teams way too much. I hope the XFL goes for color combos rarely used. The XFL did good the first time around in the fashion ware department my hopes are pretty high they’ll deliver this time around. 

Oakland had the worst logo and likely the most controversial one if they ever see the field.  Birmingham, Oklahoma City and San Diego look good. 

Archived