Philadelphia Phillies Unveil New Primary Logo

SportsLogos.Net News

You know what? Make both the stars and bell blue. Then just use that script over the blue bell in the new logo and you have consistency all around. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Phillies don't have a "bad" set, for the Phillies, but they're probably a few tweaks away from having a really good set. I think they've had this set for so long already that they're probably afraid to tinker with it but, in general, they need to remove some of the glaring "90's things" and make the uniforms more closely resemble the 50s look that inspired them. So yeah, basically less white here and there and probably thinner piping.

9 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

This works... Make the cream alts the full time homes and this would be a gorgeous set.

The only way it works is if they would make the blue cap the primary, and add blue socks/sleeves and either blue or black belt/shoes.

I can't imagine them switching to a blue cap full-time now - they've been a red-capped team now for just about 70 consecutive years, and that's pretty much all any living person has ever known them as.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived