Las Vegas Aviators officially announced as new name of MiLB team

SportsLogos.Net News

Can we just be glad that Brandiose didn't design this...otherwise, we'd've wound up with the "One-Armed Bandits" with an anthropomorphic slot machine swinging its own arm or something like that...

bYhYmxh.png

The navy on navy application may be the worst use of negative space in a logo ever. The top of the helmet disappears and makes the visor hard to recognize, and the mouth-mask takes on the Elvis Patriots logo.

This cap is pretty good, though. 

Dt9PUr_X4AApb3t?format=jpg&name=medium

They’re having a bit of the same problem that the Chargers did when they tried to introduce an italicized logo - the two strokes of the V, heading in different directions, disrupt the flow.  But it’s still a good-looking cap. 

7 hours ago, MBurmy said:

Can we just be glad that Brandiose didn't design this...otherwise, we'd've wound up with the "One-Armed Bandits" with an anthropomorphic slot machine swinging its own arm or something like that...

On the contrary, this is the one time in recent memory that I would have welcomed Brandiose being handed the creative reins on a minor league ballclub's rebranding. I imagine that their identity package for the Vegas Hammerin' Hermits would have featured a primary logo depicting an aged, disheveled, emaciated, and bare-assed naked Howard Hughes swinging a rolled-up will like a baseball bat.

Granted, the extended suite of logos featuring secondary mascots comprised of an anthropomorphized facial tissue, pint of banana nut ice cream, and bottle of codeine might have been tougher to pull off successfully, but I'd have been interested in seeing Jason and Casey take a shot at it.    

A few takes ...

• The Aviator head is a HUGE downgrade to the alien logo. Especially considering it was a top MiLB seller. Heck, I have one. It’s one of my favorite caps.
  • The LV cap is nice. I’d buy one. But, not the aviator hat. Woof.
  • I love the color scheme, sure it’s a bit Astros inspired, but outside of the Vegas Strip that is Southern Nevada - red rocks and desert. Which I love. I don’t blame them for going with a non-Vegas Strip inspired name. Though the Vegas Flamingos would have been cool.
  • In a way, I wish there were some elements of this look that were a bit cartoony? Or at least playful. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

This cap is pretty good, though. 

Dt9PUr_X4AApb3t?format=jpg&name=medium

They’re having a bit of the same problem that the Chargers did when they tried to introduce an italicized logo - the two strokes of the V, heading in different directions, disrupt the flow.  But it’s still a good-looking cap. 

Good odds I’d buy THIS hat when I’m in Vegas next.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On December 8, 2018 at 9:35 PM, Old School Fool said:

5c0c4a2f8e3d5.image.jpg

Man, that navy hat is just stupid.

I get it, but yikes...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/Defense.gov_News_Photo_060803-F-2907C-107.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It's a fairly serious downgrade from the 51's which was an identity that was above average but still had enormous untapped potential. 

As someone mentioned earlier, something cartoonish would have worked well here. It's Las Vegas, the brand is supposed to be fun and playful.

I would have liked a bi-plane with a cartoonish pilot and LV marked somewhere on the logo.

The colors are intriguing and pleasing, it doesn't scream Vegas to me and definitely an interesting choice for an Oakland affiliate since this is basically the Astros color scheme.

Archived