North American Pro Soccer 2019

Gothamite

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That’s what’s awkward.  How much stuff will they sell, with everyone knowing that replacement logo?  And will they sell the new stuff now, or wait until the newness has totally worn off?

They also could have waited until around this time next year to unveil the new logo. 

15 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, that’s what I would have expected.  Wonder why they did it this way?

Just a theory, so take it for what it's worth, but maybe the figured sales of the existing stuff was going to wane anyway, so they'll begin selling 2021 merch now and squeeze an extra year of sales out of it. It's not like the logos are all that different from one another. 

16 minutes ago, Corvus said:

So dumb, the Fury should have just agreed to join CPL in the first place. 

As a fan of Canadian soccer (you know what I mean; wanting to see the game grow and all that), this shouldn't be my reaction but; this news makes me laugh. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

According to WSOC-TV's Joe Bruno, the City of Charlotte will provide Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper with help towards his goal of securing a Major League Soccer expansion franchise for the Carolinas.  Said assistance will take the form of $110 million in hospitality funds, aid in making modifications to Bank of America Stadium, and land at the former Eastland Mall site on which to build the team's headquarters and practice facilities.

Per documents obtained by Bruno, Charlotte Mayor Vi Lyles wrote a letter to MLS Commissioner Don Garber on November 21st informing him that Charlotte City Council members had agreed to a deal with Tepper in a closed session that month. She also invited Garber to visit Charlotte this month in order to officially announce that a deal had been struck.

Sources say that invitations to a December 17th event officially announcing Major League Soccer's expansion to Charlotte will go out tomorrow morning. 

Sources: City agrees to provide $110 million for MLS team, invites to be sent out for announcement

9 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I'm down for Crown FC, Monarchs FC, and Athletic FC, but my personal choice (of these eight) is Charlotte Town FC. The city was called Charlottetowne upon its founding, and it's a neat and unique callback for the city. Not to mention, it's unique within MLS as well.

the user formerly known as cdclt

14 hours ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

I'm down for Crown FC, Monarchs FC, and Athletic FC, but my personal choice (of these eight) is Charlotte Town FC. The city was called Charlottetowne upon its founding, and it's a neat and unique callback for the city. Not to mention, it's unique within MLS as well.

As a kid, I used to think that Charlotte was a nickname for Charlottetown, PEI (yes, I thought the Hornets were from PEI). 😂

I'm glad to know I wasn't that far off, lol. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived