Gothamite

North American Pro Soccer 2019

53 minutes ago, Digby said:

I don’t know who the Tim Hortons team is but I’ll be first in line to buy the shirt.

That's the CPL's Hamilton-based side, Forge FC.

If a franchise in the league was going to have Tim Hortons as a kit sponsor, it makes sense for said team to be Forge FC. Tim Hortons was founded in Hamilton in the 1960s.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I don’t know who the Tim Hortons team is but I’ll be first in line to buy the shirt.

Hamilton Forge

@steve61 posted some really detailed pictures of the shirts in this thread. They highlight some of the less obvious details. Worth checking out. 

So it seems like Nacho Piatti will be out at least another match, can we do worse than 7-1 against NYCFC at their bogus baseball stadium park? I'm excited to find out!

LAFC is kinda looking like Atlanta from last season. Lots of goals, while conceding very few and absolutely demolishing teams. This result today surprised me. I thought the game would be a bit tighter.

Onto FCC.

56 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

LAFC is kinda looking like Atlanta from last season. Lots of goals, while conceding very few and absolutely demolishing teams. This result today surprised me. I thought the game would be a bit tighter.

Onto the FCC.

Stupid, but lifted from r/mls:

j7y7xvxt7pq21.png?width=679&auto=webp&s=

Embarrassing loss for the Timbers. Jeez. 

31 minutes ago, Wings said:

Embarrassing loss for the Timbers. Jeez. 

dont you mean embarrassing season for the Timbers?

So... MLS scheduled MNUFC to open with five games on the road, mainly because of Minnesota's knack for getting blasted by snowstorms in March, including during the Loons' MLS debut game two seasons ago.

If forecasts are accurate, their reward will be having to clear up to three feet of snow from the Allianz Field pitch in the 24-48 hours prior to its grand opening, while St. Paul is digging out from the same, thanks to the mid-April mega-storm heading for the nation's midsection later this week.

They can't catch a :censored: break when it comes to their big opening events.

13 hours ago, Viper said:

So... MLS scheduled MNUFC to open with five games on the road, mainly because of Minnesota's knack for getting blasted by snowstorms in March, including during the Loons' MLS debut game two seasons ago.

If forecasts are accurate, their reward will be having to clear up to three feet of snow from the Allianz Field pitch in the 24-48 hours prior to its grand opening, while St. Paul is digging out from the same, thanks to the mid-April mega-storm heading for the nation's midsection later this week.

Woof, I'm sorry. Impact are also about to finish up a six match road-trip with Saputo opener on Saturday and it snowed today and there are people north of the city without power. Saturday should be nice-ish, though...

I'm supposed to fly in on Thursday.  This should be... fun...

13 hours ago, Viper said:

Any chance they just move the game indoors to U.S. Bank stadium?

4 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Any chance they just move the game indoors to U.S. Bank stadium?

Is the field even setup? Didn't they just have the final 4? There's no way they'd turn it around for such a game. Best scenario might be to just give up the home game to the visitor and make the next game the stadium opener. 

2 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Is the field even setup? Didn't they just have the final 4? There's no way they'd turn it around for such a game. Best scenario might be to just give up the home game to the visitor and make the next game the stadium opener. 

It takes less than a day to tear down temporary seating and the court. Rolling out the field can be done in 4 hours. Somehow I feel MLS wouldn't care anyways. 

HUGE step for Sacramento on the MLS front today. City council has approved the term sheet on our stadium plans unanimously and MLS took notice. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.sacbee.com/sports/mls/article229023294.html

Do the right thing, Donnie. We’re ready. 

Why Phoenix? Isn't it 100+ most summer days?

And why not Detroit?