North American Pro Soccer 2019

Gothamite

13 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I read somewhere that Beckham wants either Ronaldo or Messi. 

They have 10 months to rebuild that stadium. 

Talk is that once the site is prepped, construction will take 9 months to build as its completely modular.

But I have my doubts as well...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new Providence Park looks nicer than I thought. I still miss the very Portland openness to the leafy, trolley-riding street. But it's not *as* closed in as I expected it to be.

On Friedel/Revs, it's kind of shocking that arguably the best USMNT keeper of all time could be such an inept coach, particularly in defense. Guess it doesn't always translate. Anyway! Pretty obvious to literally everyone that that team needs to clean house much higher up the ladder than just him. I won't hold my breath, but if Chicago can get out of Bridgeview than maybe anything is possible?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

As a Sounders fan, I'm envious of Portland's downtown SSS.

I'm not envious of their record though or the stupid Chainsaw Joey, so it's a push.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Portland stadium truly was a gem even as is. Besides the ideal location and the Timbers Army, I know I've said this before, but they're the only classic vintage stadium in the league and it's nice and charming and unusual, long restroom lines be damned.

At long last the FC Cincinnati drought is over! A 2-1 win over Montreal in the interim head coaching debut for Yoann Damet. We havent looked this good since the win over Portland.

Signature intentionally left blank

It’s nice to get back in the winning column! The game was headed for a 1-0 finish, but the Crew just absolutely gifted us a goal with a horrendous mistake on their end, in the final minutes. Followed up by another beautiful signature, left-footed curler from Vela a few moments later. 

Plus the Galaxy have lost two in row. Today is a good day. 

Onto to another back-to-back series, but with FC Dallas this time. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I am curious to know how much coverage your favorite MLS team gets on the local news?  For me, FC Dallas gets some, usually highlights of the game they recently play but are usually not the featured story to kick off sports coverage.  They do get more coverage though than the WNBA's Dallas Wings, who get zero.

10 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I am curious to know how much coverage your favorite MLS team gets on the local news?  For me, FC Dallas gets some, usually highlights of the game they recently play but are usually not the featured story to kick off sports coverage.  They do get more coverage though than the WNBA's Dallas Wings, who get zero.

It varies by station, but all of them have the Magic first. Then, it’s a mishmash of Orlando City, UCF, UF, the Buccaneers, the Lightning, the Rays, and the Jaguars. Maybe, if they do something really notable, the Solar Bears will make it on, but that doesn’t happen often.

ExJworW.png

13 hours ago, GDAWG said:

The Boston Globe unsurprisingly has an enormously dedicated sports section. The Revs get one, maybe two columns per week from (the dean of American soccer) Frank Dell'Apa and that's it. More ink was spilled over the Celtics' getting bounced than over the Revs' entire season to date. Not that I blame the editors!

On 5/11/2019 at 3:53 PM, Dilbert said:

At long last the FC Cincinnati drought is over! A 2-1 win over Montreal in the interim head coaching debut for Yoann Damet. We havent looked this good since the win over Portland.

Didn't get to watch the game because I was moving all weekend long. Did the team look more engaged? Did it seem like they had more "Give-A-Damn"? 

It sounds like Alan Koch was just a weird ahole that didn't know soccer as well as he pretended to. One former player said eventually he was going to be exposed as a fraud. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Didn't get to watch the game because I was moving all weekend long. Did the team look more engaged? Did it seem like they had more "Give-A-Damn"? 

It sounds like Alan Koch was just a weird ahole that didn't know soccer as well as he pretended to. One former player said eventually he was going to be exposed as a fraud. 

There was more energy. We actually connected on passes, held better possesion, and drove the ball up the field rather than just boot it and hope someone gets it. I have a feeling the players have been this good all along but may have been intentionally tanking to get Koch out.

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived