North American Pro Soccer 2019

Gothamite

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Digby said:

New Crew stadium renderings in this article: https://www.dispatch.com/sports/20190924/crew-unveils-detailed-renderings-of-arena-district-stadium

Must be nice for cities with ample available land to develop!

I look forward to wearing blue and orange in this palace. I hope Anthony Precourt looks at this and has buyer's remorse about his crappier version in an office park in nowhere near downtown Austin.

It's really remarkable what's happened to the Arena District in Columbus. When I was in high school I'd go to Blue Jackets games and I'd park in a free secret location that might as well have been a dirt road, and walk two minutes into the arena. That spot is now where home plate of Huntington Park sits.

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

I look forward to wearing blue and orange in this palace. I hope Anthony Precourt looks at this and has buyer's remorse about his crappier version in an office park in nowhere near downtown Austin.

It's really remarkable what's happened to the Arena District in Columbus. When I was in high school I'd go to Blue Jackets games and I'd park in a free secret location that might as well have been a dirt road, and walk two minutes into the arena. That spot is now where home plate of Huntington Park sits.

Crew fans on Facebook asked who should MLS have open the new stadium, the majority wanted it to be FC Cincinnati. Somehow I think the first opponent will be NYCFC or Chicago Fire. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Precourt is too busy hanging out with his new best friend Matthew McConaghuey to care. 

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Crew fans on Facebook asked who should MLS have open the new stadium, the majority wanted it to be FC Cincinnati. Somehow I think the first opponent will be NYCFC or Chicago Fire. 

They probably want FC Cincinnati because it looks like it'll be an easy win. This is what, 18 months, away? A lot can/will change by then. I actually would rather have an out of conference non-rival come in for the first game(s) so the star of the show is the new stadium and not the rivalry.  

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

They probably want FC Cincinnati because it looks like it'll be an easy win. This is what, 18 months, away? A lot can/will change by then. I actually would rather have an out of conference non-rival come in for the first game(s) so the star of the show is the new stadium and not the rivalry.  

Got to be FCC or Austin - for maximum chaos. 

My assumption has been that Atlanta United is still the best team in the east and NYCFC being on top is an abberation.

NYCFC putting the lie to that tonight. Wow! 3-0 at the half!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

My assumption has been that Atlanta United is still the best team in the east and NYCFC being on top is an abberation.

NYCFC putting the lie to that tonight. Wow! 3-0 at the half!

And without a couple of our best players. 

12 hours ago, Gothamite said:

And without a couple of our best players. 

Certainly the best player was out.

This whole season has been "This is fine! They'll figure it out!" but time is running out fast. All I really want is to have the 11 be healthy and see what they can do.

PJU85JF.png

Earlier this summer I went through security with Wondo. I wanted to say something about that missed goal at the World Cup, but I never would and I'm not a garbage person.

I will say this -- up close and personal, Chris Wondolowski is super fit and handsome.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived